Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Wine-Class Sat. Nov. 20th, 2010 : Special Guest Appearance W/ Rachel Martin Of BOXWOOD, MIddleburg, VA. Winery Tasting-Sharing Her Knowledge/Experi

ences With Our Customers Here In Cleveland Park, Washington D.C. Northwest " ...
That's how the headline above should finish.


This was at the tail-end of our tasting and I asked those remaining to gather around for some quick photos as I forgot to take any earlier.




I drew two quick portrait sketches of Rachel Martin of the BOXWOOD Winery in Middleburg, Virginia before she headed on her way. She had delivered the last of our order of her family's wines that she will taste with us on Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 the day before Thanksgiving from 1-4PM. Join us : there is no charge. Come learn about Virginia wines : hers are excellent Bordeaux-style reds called " Boxwood " and " Topiary ".




We tasted 6 wines from Europe at $10 a person cost. It was fun and informative and Rachel joined us and shared her knowledge and many of her past and current experiences of wine, wine-making and also local food and wine and cuisine - lots of much-appreciated info. Thanks Rachel, thanks everyone.






I will write more soon. Hello Zee and Erica! Nice to see you both again here at the wine-class.




Enlarge the picture above so that you may see what wines I tasted at my wine-class.




We did taste the Georges Dubouef Beaujolais Nouveau 2010 pictured above in the orange and red label. Fresh. lively, robust - actually not bad at all.





I love this picture above of you Rachel!



No comments: