Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 2010 @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits : Tasting FREIXENET " New " Smooooth " Sparkling Spanish Off-Dry Cava & TAPENA Non-Sparkling, Too


Wow! Some of my best shots ever ...




I'm really pleased with this series of pics that I took of FREIXENET e TAPENA bottles.




Trust me, I normally do not start a blog in praise of the photos and work that I have made and done but I just scanned through these pictures and in this case I am especially impressed for the very fluid, sometimes fuzzy and warm and out-of-focus-just-slightly pics that I have mounted here. It all works for me : very artsy and being an artist I thrive on that. Very visual and I hope that you all out there like it, too.

The " new " FREIXENET smooooth rose cava above really impressed me quite a bit and I have been telling our National Republic rep Steve Casimano that works for Wayne Courier ( an old business acquaintance that I like very much ) that I will buy some for the store in August, 2010. It's been awhile since I tried these with Ted that I have also known for years now that is one of the principle reps for FREIXENET. I guess that's why I have so many pictures of this slightly off-dry " new " Cordon sparkling rose.

There's absolutely no bite to it : it just hovers and infiltrates, cajoles, rocks, slow-churns, molds itself nicely and comfortably into you like when you are hugging and holding someone/something real special and don't want to let go. I could easily have kept that bottle and gone off somewhere with a friend to drink it and enjoy prolonging the magic of this wonderful taste and time with someone special. It relaxed and made me feel good : made me take note of my surroundings and the flavors even more than usual.

This is high praise and I will now have to try a second bottle to see if I feel the same about it. However, with this bottle that I sampled back in June with Ted and Steve this is how I felt : pretty damn cozy and fuzzy and warm and wonderful...




I got some great contrasts of colors here in these two photos above and below with the shades of citrus and burnt umber/gold above and the one below with lovely tan/gold/muted orange and with more light and more definition. I like them both. They both have the same Reidel glass for sparkling wine and champagne. I love the fine and textured patterns and areas of the FREIXENET Spanish cava rose filling the Reidel glass below. It makes me want to jump in now and have some immediately. Ted, would you be so kind as to pour me a glass now?!?




It's now Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 here at my home in northern Virginia at 3:43 PM at the start of my second week of vacation. I've just returned from the beach with my wife and two children and we had a glorious time. I didn't do any blogging. Instead I concentrated solely on relaxation, enjoyment, body-surfing, drawing and sketching with pens, watercolors and oil pastels, drinking many of the samples given to me by so many of you generous reps and wholesalers ( thank you all ), cooking, eating, making cheese platters, enjoying our pool and hot tub, etcetera : even going fishing and dolphin-watching for the famous " Onion " and her friends.




Steve and Ted I could have used a bottle or two of this excellent FREXEINET - the two " new " flavors of rose and an extra-dry regular is it?!? But don't worry, you can still come by once again for Chris Barker to try them at the store. I already know that I want to buy and sell this delicious rose.




Look at the picture above : it looks like some of the rings around one of our planets doesn't it?





I like bringing together some of the various elements together like in the picture above : everything flooded or spot-lighted in light, as if from the rising sun or the shades lifted with the day's natural light streaming in? I like it.




This dry TAPENA rose is a really good idea for these days here now in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area that are just below 100 degrees at 98 as I recall perhaps two hours ago as my wife and I enjoyed a lunch together all by ourselves ...




I think that we may be most-interested in the Verdejo dry white TAPENA now with all of this oppressive summer heat.





It sure is a lovely deep shade of rose here in the picture above of TAPENA. It draws me to it and makes me wonder if it will be too heavy or hearty in flavors for this really strong heat outside? It may be better with our meals I am wondering than all by itself? It's been awhile since I tasted it and so impressions and memories fade and questions naturally take their places.




I really got some great shots of the bottle as well as the color and label of the TAPENA rose above and below.




I love these two pictures above and below. Notice that in the one above you see wavering the reflection of the top of the bottle on the surface of the wine itself. In the picture below you see the actual bottle top of the bottle in and outside the Reidel glass as the TAPENA Tempranillo red is being poured - even a bit through the wine itself which begins to surround the bottle top? I love that thin line of rich red Tempranillo grape color. It's really nice to see the light coming through some of the wine to show it's full range of color charms here. Contrasts of lights and darks and various forms and shapes, patterns and textures, reflections, highlights, pools and fields - all important as they all reach out to the viewer and draw our attentions in so many different directions.




This is of course the artist in me coming once again to the surface here. I hope that these pictures make you all want to try at least one of these FREXEINET or TAPENA Spanish wines - sparkling and non-sparkling? That's a big part of the idea for me. The other is of course entertainment, fun, letting one's imagination free and providing some surprises and pleasures, too : visual, mental, emotional and elemental/virginal.




Cheers and do call me at : 202-363-4265 with any questions or email me at : anthonyquinn@clevelandparkwine.com. ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-3634265 www.clevelandparkwine.com, Facebook at : clevelandparkwine ) here in our nation's capitol.

TONY

No comments: