Saturday, June 19, 2010

CA. Big Theme Wine-Tasting Of 3 LIBERTY SCHOOL Wines, SANFORD Chard, RUTHERFORD HILL Merlot With Lauren Of Wash Wholesalers 6/16/2010



It was a great " Big-The " California wine tasting of thirty-two wines this Wednesday, June 16th, 2010 ( 5:30-8:30 PM ) at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) more than a month ago. It's now Friday, July 23rd, 2010 at 9:04 AM as I rush to get this blog posted in it's " rough draft " to at least get something out before I have time to finish it later.

It's become really hard for me to keep up with all the blogs that I have here in their " draft states " on blog spot. I at least want the pictures out there posted to act as means of inspiration to get you all curious and wanting to go to your local wine stores to inquire and purchase some of these excellent wines.




Laure of Washington Wholesalers ( working under Tim Gural ) came and tasted the LIBERTY SCHOOL Cabernet Sauvignon, 2007 ( $16.49), the LIBERTY SCHOOL Syrah 2007 ($16.49), the LIBERTY SCHOOL " Cuvee " 2007(416.49), the LIBERTY SCHOOL Chardonnay 2007 ($16.49), the SANFORD Chardonnay 2008($25.49) and the RUTHERFORD HILL 2005 Merlot ( $27.99).

They all showed well and we sold some of all of them. They are all quite well-known here in Washington D.C. It was a treat for us to have them poured and represented. Of course we could not do any of this without the generous support of time. product ( samples ) and expertise of our reps and their wholesale houses ( Washington Wholesalers in Lauren's case). There were four other tables pouring as well ( one other from Washington Wholesalers called the Pinnacle House with Eric Platt and Kelly Bigel that I have already posted here. Check that blog out as well). Thanks Lauren and Tim.




The surprise for me of the tasting was the SANFORD Chardonnay 2008 ( $25.49). I knew the name but not so much the wine and I personally really liked the balance and the flavors and the overall forward and elegant appeal of the wine.

LIBERTY SCHOOL always sells well in our store, especially the Cabernet Sauvignon followed by the Chardonnay. People just ask for the wine and are always happy that we have it. We introduced several years ago the Syrah and the " Cuvee " is new. I am sure that they will catch up to the other two given time.

The RUTHERFORD HILL is the nearest and dearest to me because I am a sentimental kind of guy and sell off of experiences and stories and never off of points and scores. Back around 1995 I visited RUTHERFORD HILL Winery with my father that was then living in San Leandro just outside of San Fransisco. We had an excellent tour and I will never forget that reception we received as well as the wall of rosemary growing down in front of the tasting room doors as well as the olive trees overlooking the Rutherford Bench below and valley just beyond the parking lot. I stood there with my father briefly and tried to take it all in before driving back down the hill into the valley below. I believe that we stopped midway and enjoyed a casual meal and a glass of Zinfandel at the Auberge du Soleil I believe it is called? It was a sunny, gorgeous day and wonderful to be alive and there and able to soak more of the RUTHERFORD HILL Winery experience in in such a beautiful setting - and with my father - special moment - one that I will never forget.

I have more to write so stay-tuned! Now I have to dash off to Washington D.C. to sell more of all of these excellent wines that Lauren tasted. Cheers, TONY




No comments: