Friday, June 18, 2010

Marilisa Allegrini, Owner Of ALLEGRINI Veneto Wines,Tues. June 15th, 2010, Part One Of Family-Style Luncheon @ Assaggi Restaurant



As I said recently in the second part of this blog ( featuring Marilisa Allegrini, owner of the ALLEGRINI winery ( Veneto Valpolicella, Corvian, Ripasso e Amarone - and other Syrah blends ) that I just entered here yesterday : this was a fun and exciting luncheon for me and the five other retailers/restaurateurs that were gathered around this table in the back of Assaggi restaurant. With the ten wines that were served to us from ALLEGRINI ( 2 whites and 8 reds all from the Veneto region of Italy ) we had quite the gustatory feast for our taste buds and five senses.




I had a blast taking these photos and also in mostly tasting the wines. Yes I liked the food at Assaggi in Bethesda but I was mostly there to meet Marilisa Allegrini and to try whatever wines that she wanted to present at the time.




I loved the wines and have sold an assortment for years at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com ) for the last ten years. I love this simple Valpolicella 2008 Classico DOC ( $16.49 ). It's always been a big favorite of mine and I am always sorry when I do not have it on the shelf to go to when I want something really appealing on every level as well as something that works pretty much in all situations except those when the food is really spicy and hot. For this hot and humid Washington D.C. summer weather of ours it is perfect slightly chilled to enjoy inside our outside.




I had a great time recording this moment of two-plus hours that the eight of us shared. I will write more later tonight but I will post this now as is so that the pictures may be enjoyed. Please refer also to Part-Two of this family-like Marilisa Allegrini luncheon at Assaggi for more information as of now I have written more there than here. Cheers e a presto. Grazie Marilisa e David e Jody ...

















Love these pictures through my wine glasses!




What a great event and I was honored to be included, really very special for me.





I like telling the stories or parts of them through my wine glass with the wine nestled so safely within before being consumed and enjoyed thoroughly by me with time ...




I love this wild abandon and swirl and rush of wine flavors that sing and dance and circulate so much with excitement and abandon in the glass above : wow!


It's one of my favorite pictures as a result, especially as the lovely and charming Marilisa is behind all this momentum and action and excitement!




Now the calm before the storm ...




Now the storm rushes back to greet us all once again ...




A moment of quiet repose and reflection ...






I love a person's hands - it's great to see them here - Marilisa holding one of the wine corks, her beautiful hands and her watch with the red leather band and the shiny pearls on the other - striking, subtle and so elegant and feminine ... grazie Marilisa ... a presto I hope ... TONY

No comments: