Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Two Canadian Geese Find Each Other This Chilly Morning In Annandale, VA. Wed. 8:30 AM Nov. 25th, 2008

I loved it! First I hear the honking up above me and my eyes glance furtively up and all around me trying to spy the source of these honks! It takes me a few seconds and then out from behind trees or strips of gray, thick clouds I see this one lonely Canadian goose honking. Then a few seconds later I hear another slightly-different-pitched honk and I look up and around me. There above me to my left and flying towards the honking to my left is another lonely Canadian goose!

Wow! I'm loving this! That goose on my left flaps it's wings even more and honks even louder as it races to catch up to the first goose I heard! I don't actually see them meeting but as in a splendid Hollywood movie the promise is there that they will meet and live happily ever after till the end of their lives.

I smiled and walked on with my terrier-mix dog on our walk. It was chilly and breezy and was not time to linger for us. It is Thanksgiving tomorrow and I have so much to be thankful for. I'm thankful to have witnessed these two Canadian geese and I can just see them enjoying their Thanksgiving tomorrow now that they are either united or reunited! Cheers, TONY So serendipitous, so welcome ...

No comments: