Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Art In Photographs I've Taken / Wanting To Add To The Equation Of Wine/Liquor/Beer Images

It's almost Thanksgiving as I type these few words before dashing into Washington D.C. to sell more wine for the up-coming 2008 holidays when I hope we all have a bit of time for family and relaxing and enjoying some special moments in these truly trying times of ours with so many bailouts being discussed each and every day.

I'm thankful to have this out for my reaction to the awe and the wonder and the fascination that I feel that is all around me each and every day. That goes for inside the Cleveland Park wine store where I work in Washington D.C. ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue Wines & Spirits Washington D.C. 2008 sales@clevelandparkwine.com ( 202 ) 363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com ) with all our wonderful customers that have experienced and done so much ; to all the things outside in our neighborhoods and yards, etcetera. I can barely absorb it all. In fact I barely absorb any but what I do absorb is fascinating/captivating and spell-binding! I'm hooked, really I am on life and the serendipitous and the " moment " - each and every one of the moments I can try and make my own.

Don Wassem has helped me to focus on the serendipitous nature of things and for this I am eternally grateful to him. Thank you Don for years ago while shopping in our store always making reference to so many serendipitous moments that you found yourself in and out of Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Your keen eye and powers of observation really floored me from the very get-go and I appreciate your having shared your stories and reactions to certain serendipitous moments of yours with me.

I have had a blast with the commentary of my blogs and with my photos. I sometimes really go out on a limb with my comments and I hope they are taken in the vein that they are meant : to be instructive and helpful and most of all truthful in an era that I think has lost sight of the meaning. Of course everything is up for personal interpretation, I do know that. I mostly have positive things to say. I'd rather be positive than negative, but I'd also like to be able to call it as I see it even if it is a bit harsh at times and ruffles some feathers. More of the truth should be spoken.

The pictures I like to do in my own signature artsy-fartsy method with the wines, liquors and beers being tasted visible in some of the photographs. I think that that's part of the history, charm and magic. It should be recorded and preserved in my humble opinion. What do they look like, what colors, what shades of colors?, what clarity? With bubbles, foam, cloudy?!? I'm a bit of a historian with this quest : wanting to have the products themselves visible with those that make and pay to have them made : that's the association, the bond and we usually only see the vessels/containers/bottles that they are in with the principle people - hardly ever the product/wine visible with them in a clear glass. Anyway, I am having a blast trying to bring more of the colors out as well as having fun with taking my pictures through the glass to create their own special/lasting images and worlds I hope. Something new and something fresh. The quest goes on. What do you think of the recent pictures of the LAPROAIG Islay single-malt scotches? I have more, too.

Cheers and thanks for your patience, indulgence and support. Happy Holidays 2008 To One And To All Of Us !!!

It's now 9:53 A.M. and time to DASH to work! Sante , TONY

No comments: