Friday, November 21, 2008

Sandy Huffine Brings Owner of VERAISON To Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits 10/ 05 To Taste Two Wines






I had never tasted the wines of VERAISON before I met Sandy Huffine ( National Sales Director ) and the owner before. I tasted two reds with them ( when they came to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits : 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 2008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and unfortunately have never followed through on ordering these wines. I will have to check carefully my notes to see what happened.

I recently found these pictures , however and would like to share them with you all out there deep somewhere in cyberspace.

For more information about VERAISON go to : 3267 Soda Canyon Rd. Napa, CA 94558 Tel : ( 707) 226-2215 Fax : ( 707 ) 259-6198 shuffine@veraison.net www.veraison.net.

Sandy wrote me a nice note on October 31st, 2005 after returning home I imagine. She wrote :

" It was certainly a pleasure to meet you while visiting D.C. On my next visit , I will call you and arrange a date for an in-store tasting. We truly appreciate any support of VERAISON in your wine program. If you are heading to Napa in the near future, give me a call. I would be honored to arrange a tour of Stagecoach Vineyard... " Sincerely, Sandy Huffine.

I remember these two beautiful women making an impression on me. They had both a lot of vitality and a bit of playfulness in them, too. I liked it all. I am , however embarrassed not to remember more of the specifics of our meeting except the amazing smile and eyes of the owner. They bore into me with an intensity along with her short golden hair that burned/tanned the whole circumference of my eyeballs as well as challenged me, too.

I don't think I had the necessary time to get a better sense and picture of these two women before me. I was perhaps distracted at the time. It will have to wait for our next visit.

Having said this I am still pleased to have made their acquaintances and also to have tried their wines.

Sandy, what did I think of them ? What did I say/ tell you then ? Did you take any notes?

I take lots of mental notes but three years later my memory fails me. Oh well, let me say that everyone is welcome at our store, appointment or not. I want badly to meet all winemakers and owners when they are in town and can come by and say " hello " and taste me on their current releases. Thanks for stopping by when you did.

Enjoy these pictures in the meantime till I dig deeper into this serendipitous meeting three or so years ago!

Sandy finished by saying : " Have a wonderful Holiday Season ". I say the same to them as well as to all my customers and family and friends out there. It's Friday night here at home in Annandale, Virginia on November 21st, 2008 and Thanksgiving is less than a week away!

Cheers, TONY

No comments: