Monday, November 24, 2008

Being Thankful At Thanksgiving / Remembering All The Reasons To Be Thankful Even In Trying Times Especially

The obvious things to be thankful for are family and friends, health and work and sense of being and community. I'm thankful for all those and try and focus more on them as they are easy to forget and that is a mistake. I feel truly blessed most of the time, really. Often when I get up and drive to work I smile and say repeatedly that I am so happy ( and thankful ) to be alive to take in and absorb so much of what I perceive as " wonderment " about me, at a distance, above me, at my feet, arm's reach - all over!

I'm thankful that I notice so much. Seems my life lately is a whole lot about noticing and appreciating everything that I'm exposed to - and that's a lot.

I'm also thankful for all my/our customers at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and the positive interactions that we have had over these fleeting and active years.

I'm also very thankful for those that have helped me on my way with this blog that I seem to add to now each and every day. Stephen got me going finally. He's local and visits our store each and every day. He takes cares of his father for which I have lots of respect, has his own blog page and wrote down what I needed to get started. Thanks Stephen. I owe you more than one for this!

I'm thankful to our computer people which have helped get the Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits wine web page going and continuing : Sundeep, Gary, Justin, Alan and also at times Don, Jennifer, Lane and John. One of these is even my son! Nice. You all know who you are and so I do not include last names. Thank you all so much for helping me and the store in these valuable endeavors.

Again, I'm thankful to my immediate as well as extended family for which I work and provide and in return gain so much nourishment, sustenance and meaning. I have a great , wonderful, talented, zany, quirky. special, oddball, loving family that loves and needs me as I love and need them. Without them I am really nothing. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays One and All 2008! TONY

No comments: