Sunday, November 16, 2014

Winemaker Andrea Fossi From Florence, Italy In Tuscany Comes To Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits In Northwest, Washington D.C. 20008, To Taste Current Vintages Of Primitivo ( 2010 & 2012 ) On Friday, November 21st, 2014 From 5-8PM Free Tasting, Join Us!







These are some of the wines I sold and enjoyed drinking, too while working at the Mayflower Wine And Spirits. I got to know both Andrea Fossi and Alessandro Furlan. This is the 1959 Chianti Classico from Andrea and his father, the Reserva , 12.7 alcohol by volume.  he dry white AI di CASTELCOSA bt Franco Furlan / Alessandro's father / , too ... and I have my own home-made vinegar in them now. Andre Fossi will be in the store, Cleveland Park Wine and Spirits tasting his wines on Friday, November 21st, 2014 from 5 to 8PM  JOIN US< NEVER any charge! This will be great, trust me. We had the FOSSI Chianti Classico wines going back to the 1958, and we would regularly taste them with our customers. What a great and special treat that was. Cheers,   TONY   11/ 16 / 2014





  • Paul Jameson I remember the '58 Fossi. Found my notes. Bought at Eagle on 8/12/78 for $9.99. Opened 10/21/78. On the scoring system I was using then, I gave it 12 1/2 pts, which rated as Very Good.

    I had a second bottle of the '58 on 10/3/79, and my notes read, "Perhaps it has been open too long, but tastes considerably more past peak than when I had it a year ago. Still quite nice."
    10 hrs · Like
  • Anthony Quinn Thanks for these notes Paul! Come by and see Andrea at the store. We will have his excellent Vino Nobile open for you to try, and the 2010 magnum of Primitivo, $16.99 a bottle is sublime!
    10 hrs · Like
  • Anthony Quinn Glad you like this Karen, Sonia e Vinicius! Great memories. I still have the 1961 here at home to enjoy, Cannot wait for that, may enjoy it with Andrea, we will see what his schedule is on this Friday evening? TONY
    10 hrs · Like







I scanned these just now, the TAI is from Friuli, Italy, I do not know the vintage of it, It does say on the neck label : Grande Intenditore, , I do not know what that means? What fun, come meet Andrea Fossi here at the store on Friday, November 21st, 2014rom 5-8PM. Cheers!





No comments: