Sunday, November 2, 2014

Conversations With Sonia Denicol Of Brasil About the Fine Wines Of Brasil On Sunday, November 2nd, 2014 : Now Drinking An Excellent Bottle Of The SALTON Vineyard's ' Volpi ' 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon And Loving it!



















Sonia Denicol Larentis Marselan is really fantastic Tony, as well as Ancellotta and Teroldego, the best one! This three different grapes are very well adapted to Serra Gaúcha and produce wines with high quality and an authentic brazilian identity.
1 hr · Like
Anthony Quinn I love that you added Sonia : " an authentic Brazilian identity." That is key, that is what will eventually make everyone realize how fine and distinct and tasty these wines from Brasil are as production increases and more wine from Brasil is available and thus costs go down and prices become more competitive in this world/ international market where everything must compete in quality and value/price, too. What I will say that, in this period of growth as Brasil really does start and the wines and the dreams of many are still intact, where the quality continues to improve and they identities are still true and honest and authentic : this is all wonderful and inspiring. Drink these fine wines of Brasil now, celebrate all this, this is really important. Take advantage of things as they grow and before they become too big, pay a bit more, but get true authenticity and true character and taste. It is worth it , so worth it. I know, I have seen the changes occur over the years all over the world, and often there are compromises made and the wines and what we are able to experience suffers as a result. Cheers, GO BRASIL! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 11/15/2014





Madame do Vinho's photo. 13 minutes ago Wonderful, so true, so important, thanks for sharing this with us all! TONY Eu tenho um imenso amor pelo meu país e pelas pessoas que o fazem realmente ser grande e bonito! Acabo de voltar de uma viagem ao Rio Grande do Sul onde mais uma vez tive a oportunidade de estar junto a produtores que tem feito um trabalho primoroso em prol do vinho brasileiro. Eu sinto orgulho dessa gente e dos vinhos que fazem!!!


 Faleceu hoje o Dr. Adib Jatene, outro grande brasileiro, que deixa um importante legado para a medicina, e de quem eu também sinto muito orgulho! Sinto orgulho de tantos outros brasileiros, meus pais, minha irmã, meu marido, minha família, velhos e novos amigos, parceiros de trabalho, do mercado do vinho e da gastronomia, e gente de todos os segmentos que dão o seu melhor para fazer com que o Brasil seja realmente um país melhor e mais bonito. Mas infelizmente eu também sinto tristeza e vergonha do meu país


. De gente que vem insistentemente explorando e espoliando este país ao longo de toda sua existência, drenando recursos de toda ordem que poderiam estar construindo não só um grande país, mas uma verdadeira potência mundial. Que pena! Apesar disso, eu, Sonia Denicol, escolho continuar acreditando e trabalhando em prol do país que eu desejo ver e viver, e que eu amo tanto!


 Photo: Eu tenho um imenso amor pelo meu país e pelas pessoas que o fazem realmente ser grande e bonito! Acabo de voltar de uma viagem ao Rio Grande do Sul onde mais uma vez tive a oportunidade de estar junto a produtores que tem feito um trabalho primoroso em prol do vinho brasileiro. Eu sinto orgulho dessa gente e dos vinhos que fazem!!!


 Faleceu hoje o Dr. Adib Jatene, outro grande brasileiro, que deixa um importante legado para a medicina, e de quem eu também sinto muito orgulho! Sinto orgulho de tantos outros brasileiros, meus pais, minha irmã, meu marido, minha família, velhos e novos amigos, parceiros de trabalho, do mercado do vinho e da gastronomia, e gente de todos os segmentos que dão o seu melhor para fazer com que o Brasil seja realmente um país melhor e mais bonito. Mas infelizmente eu também sinto tristeza e vergonha do meu país.


 De gente que vem insistentemente explorando e espoliando este país ao longo de toda sua existência, drenando recursos de toda ordem que poderiam estar construindo não só um grande país, mas uma verdadeira potência mundial. Que pena! Apesar disso, eu, Sonia Denicol, escolho continuar acreditando e trabalhando em prol do país que eu desejo ver e viver, e que eu amo tanto! 1 person reached Eu tenho um imenso amor pelo meu país e pelas pessoas que o fazem realmente ser grande e bonito! Acabo de voltar de uma viagem ao Rio Grande do Sul onde mais uma vez tive a oportunidade de estar junto a produtores que tem feito um trabalho primoroso em prol do vinho brasileiro. Eu sinto orgulho dessa gente e dos vinhos que fazem!!!


 Faleceu hoje o Dr. Adib Jatene, outro grande brasileiro, que deixa um importante legado para a medicina, e de quem eu também sinto muito orgulho! Sinto orgulho de tantos outros brasileiros, meus pais, minha irmã, meu marido, minha família, velhos e novos amigos, parceiros de trabalho, do mercado do vinho e da gastronomia, e gente de todos os segmentos que dão o seu melhor para fazer com que o Brasil seja realmente um país melhor e mais bonito.


 Mas infelizmente eu também sinto tristeza e vergonha do meu país. De gente que vem insistentemente explorando e espoliando este país ao longo de toda sua existência, drenando recursos de toda ordem que poderiam estar construindo não só um grande país, mas uma verdadeira potência mundial. Que pena! Apesar disso, eu, Sonia Denicol, escolho continuar acreditando e trabalhando em prol do país que eu desejo ver e viver, e que eu amo tanto! Sonia Denicol Eu tenho um imenso amor pelo meu país e pelas pessoas que o fazem realmente ser grande e bonito! Acabo de voltar de uma viagem ao Rio Grande do Sul onde mais um...


 See More I have a great love for my country and for the people who do really be big and beautiful! I just got back from a trip to the Rio Grande do Sul where once again had the opportunity to be with the producers who has done an exquisite job in favor of Brazilian wine. I feel proud of these people and the wines they make it!!!


 Died today Dr. Adib Jatene, another great Brazilian, which leaves an important legacy for medicine, and I also feel very proud! I'm proud of so many other Brazilians, my parents, my sister, my husband, my family, old and new friends, business partners, the market of wine and gastronomy, and people of all segments that give their best to make the Brazil is actually a country better and look better. But unfortunately I also feel sad and ashamed of my country.


 People who come insistently exploring and fleecing this country throughout its existence, draining resources of all kinds which could be building not only a great country, but a true world power. What a pity! Nevertheless, I, Sonia Denicol, choose continue believing and working on behalf of the country that I wish to see and live, and that I love so much! (Translated by Bing)



 Wonderful, bravo, I love what you wrote and I agree completely with you, thank you for writing this Sonia. You are the best, I cannot wait to meet you some day! Cheers, keep the faith, keep believing, keep working as you do. You are making a difference, really you are. You have already made a great difference in my life and I am honored to call you a friend and I like working together with you for the greater good of Brasil and all that is and can be with people like you fighting with all their hearts for it as you are! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 11/15/ 2014



















Hey, Sonia Denicol, Jandir, Passos, Vinicius, Adrie, Barbara, Ana Paula , tell me / us more about this Milantino dry red pictured above that I drank my first or second night in the town of Bento Goncalves at the Hotel Victoria Dal Onder in late June with Daniele above serving us and also Milton having been so helpful to make us feel welcome and really at home in this wonderful wine region of the world that the world need to discover, Let's all help the world discover the fine wines of Brasil! Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 11/2 / 2014


Bralvin shared a photo.

Hey, Sonia Denicol, Jandir, Passos, Vinicius, Adrie, Barbara, Ana Paula , tell me / us more about this Milantino dry red pictured above that I drank my first or second night in the town of Bento Goncalves at the Hotel Victoria Dal Onder in ... See More

Photo
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Jandir Passos and Sonia Denicol like this.
  • Sonia Denicol Thank you so much Tony for spreading brazilian wine culture! You are doing great!!!
    Milantino is one of good wineries from Vale dos Vinhedos and I think they are doing a great work with some different grape varieties that goes so well there, as Ancellotta, Teroldego and Malvasia de Candia. They show the great potential of this region and go beyond in a world made mostly of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Chardonnay. 
    People who loves wines must know that there is much more to taste ant to be enchanted!
  • Bralvin  You are so right! Thank you for helping me to champion the wines of Brasil. I cannot wait to meet you someday. In the meantime I will always ask for your assistance here and you always respond, and for that alone I am eternally grateful Sonia Denicol...See More
  • Bralvin  What do you say Jandir, I am awaiting impatiently your words of wisdom and opinion and observation, you are a sharing man, what can you share here now agora - with us all? Obregado, TONY



12 hrs ·
You are so right Sonia Denicol! Thank you for helping me to champion the wines of Brasil. I cannot wait to meet you someday. In the meantime I will always ask for your assistance here and you always respond, and for that alone I am eternally grateful Sonia Denicol, My impression of this wine as I recall now two years later was that it reminded me a whole lot of the old-world style of wines, made to be enjoyed with food, a wine that made me think of food after just three or fo...
See More
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Anthony Quinn Cavisteria, alors, ajoute quelques paroles en Portuguese ou en Francais au sujet de ce vin vinhos finos Portugueses pour nous mon ami!?! Merci, obregado, thanks .... on attends tes nouvelles pur nous ici ... TONY
    11 hrs · Like
  • Sonia Denicol It's a pleasure for me to share about brazilian wines with you Tony! It will be great to meet you some day, meanwhile we talk here!
    Brazilian wines are indeed old-world style, influenced by the climate and soil, and also by the italian way of making wines to match with food.
    That's why you feel so welcome and comfortable with this wine. 
    ...See More
    3 hrs · Like
  • Anthony Quinn We will drink someday together Sonia, I have many aged bottles in my cellar awaiting such an occasion. I am now sipping again the Volpi SALTON Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 and the roughness, the edge, the slight burn it had has been replaced with a silk, ve...See More



Anthony Quinn and Bralvin shared Bralvin's photo.

  • 32 mins ·
    Now on the fifth sip there is a wonderful settling smoothness and calm in my gut that is so pleasing Sonia ... a fine wine indeed, enjoying this Volpi SALTON Vineyard's from Serra Gaucha ( glad to share this with the wines of Brazil ! Wines of Brasil ) ... and I still have more in my glass, and had a great conversation with our son and all is fine as Sunday comes to a close with a fine wine, a dry and rich and flavorful and balanced wines of Brasil : GO BRASIL! Cheers all, cheers Sonia Denicol, cheers VinhosFinosBrasileiros ... TONY


I keep sipping, I keep adding notes to my enjoying of this bottle of the SALTON Vineyard's 2009 ' Volpi ' Serra Gaucha Cabernet Sauvignon that just keeps getting better and better as the moments go by!

I am loving the way this is opening and the flavors are spreading so gently, so kindly, so pleasingly through me making me almost glow, almost feel like I am illuminated, certainly warm and comfortable, the balance in me and in the wine is thorough and complete.

It's hard to imagine a better wine for this moment where it is colder and there is more of a chill and a briskness, a wind, a bite outside, a falling of leaves, and yet the Sassafras leaves out back where I grilled earlier are splendid!

I started to enjoy this SALTON 2009 Volpi Cabernet Sauvignon outside while I was grilling the sweet Italian sausages and the pork chops and the tender and youthful green asparagus that my wife prepared for grilling and brought to me outside.

I was standing close to the grill to gain some of the warmth from both the grill and the glass I help of the SALTON and my wife immediately said " brrrrr " when she came towards me. As she handed me the bowl of asparagus to grill she looked up at the vibrant, brilliant leaves above of the Sassafras tree -  all in deep tans and yellows and oranges like the skins outside and inside of a peeled Mango and she said that I was okay because I was standing under them, even in the cold she was saying I had their brilliance to warm and cheer me. I smiled and answered that she was right.


I gave the second bottle of this SALTON Vineyard's 2009 Volpi Cabernet Sauvignon that Micahel Cavanagh was nice enough to give me the other day to the owner and chef Pietro of his own Ristorante Sorriso that is just a block away from where I work in Cleveland Park Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008 at the Cleveland Park Wine And Spirits' store.

I had taken Italian wine importer Robert Kennedy and his two Italian producers from Emilia : Alberto from , and from Romagne : Silvia Casali from the Tenuta Casali to dine there to meet Pietro. Pietro's son just got married to a Brazilian and so I thought that it would be great that they all could enjoy this wine together to learn and to appreciate how fine the wines of Brazil can be? Pietro is from the Venezia-Giulia region of Italy, and that is where some of the Italian immigrants to Brazil came from, or at least Veneto which is next door. So we will see what they all think?
I tried the SALTON 2009 Volpi Cabernet Sauvignon again tonight, one day, one night old and I still love it, really I do.

For me the jury is not out, the jury is in and I love this bottle of wine that I am enjoying right now and I will include more from my conversations with Sonia Denicol here over the next two days. For the moment enjoy this ' as is ' and know that I will be adding more. Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

Now on the fifth sip there is a wonderful settling smoothness and calm in my gut that is so pleasing Sonia ... a fine wine indeed, enjoying this Volpi SALTON Vineyard's from Serra Gaucha ( glad to share this with the wines of Brazil ! Wines of Brasil ) ... and I still have more in my glass, and had a great conversation with our son and all is fine as Sunday comes to a close with a fine wine, a dry and rich and flavorful and balanced wines of Brasil : GO BRASIL! Cheers all, cheers Sonia Denicol, cheers VinhosFinosBrasileiros ... TONY


I tried the SALTON 2009 Volpi Cabernet Sauvignon one day / one night old and I still love it, really I do.


It is not as full and fleshy, it is grittier, pithier and  with less elasticity, and yet it still has plenty of projection, plenty of finesse and form and flare,  and enough electricity to light up my palate even in small sips, my prefered way to enjoy it now as it helps to focus, or let me focus on it's full range of flavors and accents, highs-to-lows, as it has been open for awhile. It shines in this manner, really it does. You do not want to take big sips or gulps, you want to savor it and to do thus you have to take you time, be measured to some extent, not rush. Hold your breath, take a pause between sips and let each small sip extend to it's fullest potential.  It will , too : they all did. I drank it while watching " The Voice " tonight on t.v. with my wife. I still have a little bit left in the bottle and will write about that tomorrow and share that with you. 

It's been one grand journey. I am thrilled. I was not expecting any of this but am thrilled to have had it : one fantastic taste experience of the wines of Brazil that I will remember for quite some time. Bravo SALTON, Bravo Brasil, Bravo Serra Gaucha, BRavo Cabernet Sauvignon, Bravo 2009! Obregado a tudos ... Anthony  ( TONY ) Quinn 11/ 3/ 2014

No comments: