Friday, May 20, 2011

New Things Happening @ Cleveland Park Wines 2010-2011 / Andrew Stover & I Work Together On Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Michigan, Hawaiian & Italian Wine



It's been a great collaboration over the last year between me and Andrew and together at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits we have done many in-store wine-tastings of these various wines from Arizona ( STRONHOLD, even with wine-maker Eric Glomski coming to taste recently with our customers - and show the movie called : " Blood To Wine " ), Colorado ( fine Pinot Gris ), Idaho ( the SAWTOOTH Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and the now defunct Malbec are all marvelous for dry reds that can compete on any level for quality and price ), Michigan ( for the L. MAWBY - Lawrence MAWBY that makes only really fine sparkling wines called : " Sex ", " Wet ", " Us " and the " L.Mawby " and even more I believe - we carry the ones mentioned and they all sell quite well ), Hawaii ( with both the dry sparkling Pineapple and the still off-dry Pineapple ). Then there are all the Italian wines that have started to arrive from indigenous red grapes like the Vernatsch ( Schiava ) from Alto Adige/ Sud Tirol and the Rucche dry red from the Piemonte region. I will have to get back here and include these names as I am at home and cannot recollect them all right now as I get ready for work on this Tuesday morning here at home in northern Virginia on May 24th, 2011.

I will also include more pictures as I go along. I am attempting to make some daily blog entries now that are shorter but that at least give me the chance to expand upon as time permits. I have many fun pictures to add as well as I take many at the store and enjoy enormously exploring my artistic side and temperament as I do so.

Today is the second-to-last day of the Oprah Winfrey show as well. I wrote a poems about the third-to-last show yesterday while it was going on at : chatpoetry.blogspot.com. Yesterday was also the day the latest Lady Ga Ga album was released and my son bought a cd with the song : " Baby I was Born This Way ". He likes it.

I watched the movie called " Blood To Wine " and enjoyed many parts of it but found the part where Maynard was being interviewed by the two tv hosts to be insulting and demeaning and not funny at all and a real negative to this otherwise quite interesting and provocative movie. Eric Glomski said that it had become too serious and that they had to lighten it up. Well, the effect for me and my wife was to really make us not want to continue watching as it was insulting us. Oh well, go back to the editing board and take all of that out and reissue it once again. You have a great movie with lots of great footage. Don't ruin it with the interview scenes. Just our opinion though.

Cheers and stay-tuned for more. It was great to meet Eric Glomski and it has been great to work with you Andrew. Thanks for all your help and imput and conviction. TONY

No comments: