Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who Does Not Love Chianti ( DA VINCI , 2005)?! We Have Our Wine-Maker 2nd Visit Tasting / More Special Moments Shared@ Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits




I wrote about this and it did not save and I lost it and so I am here on my second round trying once again.





On this day in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com , http://www.clevelandparkwine.com/ , also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) the wine-maker of DA VINCI Chinati Tuscan red wines came by for his second visit to our store. He had some of his current dry Chianti wines to taste including the excellent 2005 Chianti Classico. he also had a Pinot Grigio white that he was making from grapes from Veneto I believe?





Anyway, he came and it was fun to see him once again and this second visit was as nice as the first if not even nicer. It was like seeing once again and old friend and I like that a whole lot.





As you can see from this one picture above I introduced him to one of our customers and the customer's daughter ( a prospective " new " customer down the line ) and he bought one of the white Pinot Grigio DA VINCI wines.





I am at home as I am typing this and so do not have all the information in front of me and so I am now winging it. Hope that's okay with you all. Anyway I think I have already blogged about the first visit and you can use this search engine to check that out.





All the wines were showing really well and I bought some for the store to sell after this visit. I think I may have concentrated on the excellent 2005 Chianti Classico at the time.





I did mention on this visit as well as the last that it bothered me somewhat to buy these wines because of the GALLO connection. I don't mind buying California GALLO wine connections but I do not like doing it so much with wines made overseas. I like that GALLO supports the wineries from California from where they started, that makes sense to me. The wines of DA VINCI are very well-made.crafted wines and I like the wine-maker so much that it is hard to say " no " : and so far on each visit I have said " yes " to the wine ( a reference to the popular show today called : " Say Yes To The Dress " ) . I am currently out of them now and will have to consider more for September?





Anyway, this was a perfect example of the business I like to do at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. I included this customer above in the tasting and he tasted and met the charming Italian wine-maker and he bought one of his wines and got the bottle signed, too. I also had the wine-maker sign a copy of the book a customer gave me ( a hardback book called : " Chianti " ) and I show that to customers sometimes when I sell Chianti. It's a fun way to make everything more personal and come alive just a bit more for everyone involved. Cheers and I hope everyone is picking up the pieces from yesterday's Hurricane Irene here in our Washington D.C. metropolitan region. Take care, a presto e caio, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: