Friday, May 6, 2011

A Week In Anthony Quinn's Life / 2 Wine-Maker Dinners/ Excellent Dave McIntyre Wine Article / Cinco DE Mayo, Mother's Day Soon / Wine Sales & CP Wine

Shipments, Jeff White Of GLEN MANOR, Sara Shaw Of DAEDALUS CELLARS & Much More ... this headline should finish.

It's been a wonderful slice of life for me, Anthony Alan Quinn here in northern Virginia at home where I have gardened and made meals for my family on both Sunday and Monday and then written a store email on Tuesday and set up for my work week in Washington D.C. N.W. at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and then had a two-day 20% off still wines sale, attended the dinner at Dino ristorante on our corner of Ordway and Connecticut Avenue for wine-maker and owner Jeff White of the GLEN MANOR winery in Front Royal, Virginia with excellent Sauvignon Blancs ( 2007, 2008 and 2009 ), one lovely , classic Cabernet Franc 2009, one Vin Rouge 2008 that's a blend of Petit Sirah and more, and the HODDER HILL 2008 and 2007 dry red Bordeaux blends of Cabernet and Merlot.

I have to catch my breath!

Dave McIntyre's article at what temperatures to serve wines at in this Wednesday, May 4th article in the Washington Post newspaper was perhaps my favorite on so spot-on and essential to cover and very helpful I believe for many people. Thanks Dave. You should all read it.

Then there was all the working to sell quickly our dinner last night with assistant wine-maker Sara Shaw of the DAEDALUS CELLARS of Oregon over at the Ripple restaurant and for me then attending and really discovering the wonderful " new for me " food at Ripple and getting to have some sublime food-wine pairings. The Smoked Quail Agnolotti, Black Walnut, Ricotta Cream and Asparagus Broth with the DAEDALUS CELLARS 2009 Maresh Vineyard dry Riesling and the Crispy Pork Belly, Caraway Soubise, Morels & Ramps and Hickory Gastique ( from chef Logan Cox ) that followed soon after with the 2007 DAEDALUS CELLARS Willamette Valley Pinot Noir were both pretty close to sublime for me! I loved it! Dimitri Curbet and Danny Fisher were great , too : and Sara you were angelic in a modern, Alaskan and comic's action-female Flash kind of way that I cannot quite put my artistic sensibilities around yet but will try once I get into my car and start composing my poems! Thanks to you all ... my life is truly enriched by you all.

Have to rush off now to the bank before work having just walked our dog and quickly transplanted some ferns and some striped Zebra white and green hastas, too ... NEVER a dull moment. Too much to live for and to have pass through me. Cheers and stay-tuned for more. TONY

No comments: