Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Happenings @ Cleveland Park Wines With ALan Cohen The President Of LVDH Imports 2010-2011/ LOGAN, QUENTEN ( Both Aussie ) STUART DAVIS Vnyds(CA)







At least once a year the President of LVDH Imports Alan Cohen comes to see me to say " hello " and check in and sometimes taste me on current arrivals. My regular rep from LVDH at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4365 sales@clevelandparkwine.com , anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) is Sam and between the two I always see quite a variety. On a recent visit with Sam he brought me the owner of LOGAN vineyards in Mudgee, Australia and we tasted a whole range of available releases and will feature these wines with Sam at our Big-Theme Wine-Tasting of Australian wines at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits on a Wednesday in mid October I believe. Call for more info on that.








On this last visit Alan brought me some of his excellent STUART DAVIS 2007 ( great vintage ) Syrah to try ( we have sold it in the past ) and some of his QUENTEN Aussie Shiraz as well. We have also sold that in the past. It was great to revisit both of these and we will more than likely have them once again. he also tasted me on an excellent dry red Cotes Du Rhone which is in the store currently. I will have to talk to Sam and see what is available now in September on Monday the 12th, 2011 as I get ready to start this week.








Sam, be prepared for a call from me. We will have to talk this time about more than the 2009 dry red Bordeaux " value " wines that I have purchased now twice from you and that I sell for the very fair value of only $11 a bottle. I will include their names when I get to the store later today. In the meantime enjoy this blog entry " as is ". Cheers Alan and Sam : always nice to see you both anytime. Thanks for all your help, too. Cheers, TONY

No comments: