Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CAMBERLEY Tasting, In The Heart Of Wine Country, South Africa With Owners John & Gael Nel Wednesday Afternoon March 18th, 2009















































This was an amazing tasting that I thoroughly enjoyed! I probably enjoyed even more afterwards the time that John Morrison and I spent afterwards with Johhny out back overlooking his garden and vineyards when we completely relaxed and drank up/soaked up the moment at hand and I finished with drawing three quick sketches of him as I downed the last of their excellent sparkling red!

Here are a few of the photos that I took with my new camera that was playing various tinted-color pictures with me. You can still get the idea, however. I will write the stories as I have time. In the meantime here are a very few of the photos that I took to enjoy immediately while you wait.

I also took some excellent videos of Johhny while he waxed poetic about his dreams, philosophies, etcetera and how they all worked into his CAMBERLEY wines.

Johnny and Gael Nel also have a wonderful garden with amazing sweeps of flowers and grasses, shrubs and bushes and the vines just alongside all of this : everything appearing to grow magically in harmony. Stay-tuned!

Cheers, TONY


PS : I have just downloaded more pictures of us outside at their table in the back of their home overlooking their beautiful garden, vineyards and mountain ranges. Wow! I got pictures as the sun faded and the clouds were swept along, of the grapes and some feathers I found just by the vines that I now have here with us at home. We drank both the 2004 and the 2005 CAMBERLEY Merlot outside as well as some of the excellent red sparkling Shiraz.

It was quite the experience and it could not have been any nicer or more personal. Thanks Johhny, Gael and John - and anyone else there. The whole event including wine.people,views, setting sand vistas were all BREATHTAKING!

Come by Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and get some CAMBERLEY : you will be very pleased and want more.

Cheers, TONY

No comments: