Monday, July 8, 2013

Incredible EYE-OPENER/ PALATE-OPENER For Me ( Anthony TONY Quinn ) : Luncheon W/ Importer Sotiris Bafitis and W/ My Wonderful Wife @ KELLARI Greek Taverna In Washington D.C. @ Corner Of K Streets & connecticut Avenues : Monday, July 8th, 2013 : Thanks Sotiris, Lefteris & George, Our Waiter & Everyone Else!

Just had a FABulous lunch with you all with my wife and with host Sotiris Bafitis, George, Lefteris - with the finest Greek wines and the finest greek food! I / we loved it : my wife enjoyed everything - the octopus, the lamb, the Portuguese sardines, the Chilean sea bass and the alaskan char was it?!? We had the dandelions greens, we had the salad, we had all the typical dressings and sauces , we had the Malaghousia dry white, the Moscofilero dry white, the dry reds with Cabernet Sauvignon and the Merlot being my least favorite : preferring 100% the indigenous dry Greek red grape varietals. George, one of the managers said from New York, he quoted a famous Greek saying : " We must work like slaves to eat like kings ". So true, and we did, eat and drink like kings and queens, wined and dined like kings and queens. Thank you all. We talked about dry rose wines and George , Sotiris and I said that there should be more : I said that at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits that they are- have been selling now for years like hot cakes, even more now. I also said to Lefteris, to Sotiris and to George that , having now dined for lunch here at KELLARI that I know that greek food is as spectacular as Greek wine. I have know about the excellence of Greek wines for year but only today discovered the FABulous excellence, opulence, excitement : colors, textures, shapes and tastes of Greek food : we had all protein and vegetable, a veritable feast for my artistic eyes and nose, and I was immediately drawn in as the food started to appear, so many plates, like so many tapas, like so many dishes to share , to nibble, to bite, to crunch, to spread with one or another of the sauces. I mixed them : I was enjoying myself too much as I snapped away with my pictures right and left. It was all great : we had to pull out the extension of the table to allow for all the wines and the different plates : eight wines and as many plates with " delectable goodies " to taste and sample on to try on for size, fit and feel! WOW, this was ONE OF THOSE VERY VERY SPECIAL MOMENTS. Thanks you all, you have opened me up to the wonders that are Greek cuisine. I will not forget this anytime soon! Cheers, Happy Monday, July 8th, 2013 - down in Washington D.C. , at the corner of K Streets and Connecticut Avenues, 202-535-5274, Northwest : check it out : I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this wine and dining experience. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn chatwine.blogspot.com 202-363-4265 It's hot and toasty today and yet after this filling meal we both still feel great as my wife explained : " it was proteins and vegetables " that we ate. BRAVO. TONY This was amazing and I will add the photos soon as I took many. Go try out this excellent KELLARI Greek Taverna in Washington D.C.!!!! Cheers, thanks Sotiris,...

No comments: