Monday, October 18, 2010

Andrew Stover ( Wine Sommelier Of Oya Restaurant & Chiefwino ) of VINO50 SELECTIONS, Sat. Oct. 16th, 2010 ( 1-5PM ) Here @ Cleveland Park Wines,D.C.



We did it Andrew! This was a great event and it was a treat to have you pouring so many fun and eclectic and unexpected " treasures " for everyone to try. The list is in the lady's hands above of the wines that you poured on this Saturday, October 16th, 2010 from 1-5 PM at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4254 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at : clevelandparkwine&spirits ). Thanks for coming and being a part of our " Big Theme " on what I termed the " Lesser-Known " United States states for wine : Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Hawaii and Michigan just to name a few.

Andrew ( www.vino50.com, 202-409-7910, andrew@vino50.com ) is also the wine sommelier at the very successful and popular Oya restaurant here in Washington D.C. our nation's capitol.

The event was well-attended and we sold quite a few of the wines and had to reorder immediately to keep things going smoothly.




I will, of course list all the wines here soon. However, for the moment I want to tell the story about this all came to pass.

I did not know that all these wines were available for sale until I read Dave McIntyre's article in the " Food " section of the Washington Post newspaper a few months ago. They are sold through Siema Imports and soon after the rep for Siema Richard Lay came by to call on us. We spoke about the article and how interested I was in the wines and then he came back with samples of the Arizona Stronghold, the Michigan Mawbry Michigan sparkling wines called " Sex " and " Wet ".

There is also the " Mawbry " as well as the " Us " and maybe more. That's all they make is excellent sparkling wines. They all sell really well and are fun and exciting to have and to be able to offer our customers. I have already blogged here at chatwine.blospot about Richard's visit.

Chris Barker knew Andrew Stover the " chiefwino " of VINO50 Selections and he brought us more of these fascinating wines. The " idea " was hatched on this first visit to do a whole " Big Theme " Wine-Tasting around these wines and the rest is now recent history and we are just starting our job to bring to light and to sell more of these excellent selections! Join us, come by anytime and check them out. You will be surprised and delighted that you did. They offer quite a bit in taste and flavor and are very well-made , crafted and distinct wines that will wake your palate up and give you lots to talk about as you enjoy them in the context of a meal with family and friends, neighbors and business associates. They also make great gifts and are excellent selections to serve during these colder days and our holidays coming soon.




I have more to say but for the meantime I will post this now on October 30th. 2010 ( the day of the John Stewart and Stephen Colbert rallies on the Washington D.C. Mall to " Return Sanity " to our country from noon-3 PM, and a day before Halloween ) from home at 9:29 AM here in northern Virginia.

I've got to do my exercises and get ready for work. We will I think be quite busy before and after the rallies and have an excellent wine-tasting with some HUSCH CA. wine, some indigenous Dornfelder off-dry German red for those that like a softer red with less acidity and tannins, a Sauvignon Blanc from California and others. I can't remember it all sitting here at my computer at home. Oh well. c'est la vie ...

I believe that I will also be finishing the interview for a story featuring me as a small business and how I / it stay in business in these very difficult and challenging economic times. Last Saturday I invited Andrew Stover back to be part of my wine class and this project that will air on t.v. shortly. I mean we are both small businesses and we have to work together and support one another to grow together, be healthy and vital, relevant and vibrant to stay and thrive in business. I will write more about that a bit later as well so stay-tuned. Thanks again Andrew. Cheers, TONY









No comments: