Monday, April 13, 2009

MORESON With Mr. Jewel & A Cured Meat/Charcuterie Tasting/Lesson On Friday morning, March 20th, 2009 - What a Grand, Novel New Experience For Us!


This was quite the experience for John Morrison and me this Friday morning, March 20th, 2009. It was thrown in as a bonus I guess. I don't think John knew about it. Our three hosts spoke about it at our dinner I believe the previous evening in Franschhoek at Le Quartier Francais and seemed pretty insistent that we come and enjoy this demonstration/tasting of the cure meets available there at their own restaurant just besides the winery and cellars. It's also one of the Top Ten restaurants in South Africa. And our special treat was to have British chef of the restaurant Mr. Jewel conduct it himself.

I must say that I was pleased to be able to leave a poem I wrote for the owner of MORESON Vineyards there in the office before. And as we sipped our coffee there in the offices I wrote another poem for the young brunette there that worked in the offices and that we had met the day before. I was inspired by her bright smile and wanted to convey this in poem form in both French and English. No Africans, I don't know it! Sorry.

Then we had this amazing tasting and I have the notes at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20009 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and I will include those later today.

In the meantime enjoy these photos that I took of all these cured meats /charcuterie that he has learned by trial and error to make there in Franschhoek at MORESON ( Morning Sun ) and that tasted wonderful this sunny Friday morning there at MORESON. Thank you one and all for your time and attentions which were many and very much appreciated. Cheers, TONY
































Enjoy these photos. I will add a story soon. TONY

No comments: