Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jerome DUPONT of DOMAINE FAMILIAL LOUIS DUPONT ( Calvados, Pommeau, Cidre ) Visits Cleveland Park Tuesday, Mar. 31st, '09 ) , Tastes 4 Calvados W/Jean


     The headline should finish with " ... Ronnie Miller Our Robert Kacher Rep " and not with the word Jean, sorry ...











     It was great to finally meet one of the family members of the DUPONT Pays D'Auge Calvados house in Normandy, France as I / we have been selling them now for so many years I have no idea exactly when I learned about them. I do believe it was back sometime in the mid eighties!

     We here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008  Tel: 202-363-4265  sales@clevelandparkwine.com  www.clevelandparkwine.com ) currently sell the " Fine Reserve , $38.99 ) and the " Vieille Reserve, $46.99 ). We do not have either the " Hors D'Age " or the 1989. I got to try all four with Jerome and our rep Ronnie Miller of Robert Kacher Selections that takes such good care of our store. Thanks Ronnie for bringing us Jerome.

     I told Jerome that for the weather on Tuesday when it was warmer and sunny I preferred the " Fine Reserve " because it was so fragrant and fresh and forward. I did and could have just smelled the bouquet for hours. I wrote about Jerome's visit in the store email which you can now read in the NEWS section at : www.clevelandparkwine.com. Check it out for the full review.

     I liked all four and especially liked the 1989. However, I think that the last three are better served when the weather is cold. As it warms up now I believe that the " Fine Reserve " will please and entertain and add to any event in the spring and summer months.

     We can order the other two anytime, just give Ravinder Sharma here a call at : 202-363-4265 and he will be happy to order them from you anytime.

     For more technical info please contact Jerome Dupont our DPONT at : 14430 Victot-Pontfol , France,  www.calvados-dupont.com ,  Tel: +33(0)231 63 24 24   info@calvados-dupont.com ).
     Cheers,  TONY

No comments: