Monday, June 23, 2008

More Hans & Gaby Lang Pictures / Dinner at Les Petits Plats 2005






Earlier I tried to download these extra photos from Kate Whitmore, Gaby and Hans Lang's wine owner/ maker dinner with the D.C. chapter of the German Wine Society dinner at Les Petits Plats in June or July of 2005. I can't remember the exact date, I'll look it up later and post it. It was a great evening of French food and German Rheingau wine. I think everyone had a wonderful meal. Here are the pictures I tried to load with the previous blog about the dinner. Pictured are Gaby and Hans, Kate, Mike, me and a customer or two including members of the German Wine Society. Oh, to the far right is pictured Cecile, one of the owners of Les Petits Plats restaurant. I'm also in the photos with both Gaby and Hans, Kate and Mike ( a board member of the German Wine Society I believe ). In those two pictures to the right side on the table are the bottles of Hans Lang wines including two different excellent bottles of their dry bubblies. Also on the table is a copy of the menu with my blue pen on top. I got everyone to sign it as is my custom and I have it at the store in one of my photo albums of events. Come check it out sometime. Cheers and sorry for this double entry. I'm still learning how to use the computer and it gives me one more chance to say how much I like Kate Whitmore and all she has done for promoting German dry wines with her import company called Kerlin. It's been a great pleasure to work with you Kate, you're the real thing, a true liquid gem in this ocean of liquids. Here's wishing you continued good fortune and health and hoping that we will continue to work together for years to come, even as an ocean will soon be separating us. But to paraphrase you recently : " You'll see even more of me now Tony this way ", I hope so.

It also gives me a second chance to say that it has been a pleasure to get to know Hans and Gaby Lang over the years and to represent their wines in our store Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits. TONY

No comments: