Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Antoine Songy & His French Owners( CH. De MINIERE,DOM. JOEL DELAUNAY, DOM. FONT DE MICHELLE, DOM. TARIQUET : 5/25/2010 Tuesday Afternoon



This was fun, this was unexpected! The whole store was abuzz with people and wine-makers/owners, presidents of import companies and reps and customers, too. It was a swirl of activity and there were wines to taste, people to meet for the very first time, lots of French being spoken and " new " wine releases to be tried for the very first time! It was a very difficult balancing act for me as I had three groups of wine people in the store : French and Greek and Argentinian and I had customers wanting to buy wine. What to do?!? I introduced everyone and had them try each others wines as I made the rounds between these four groups that had all gathered at once here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-5265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).




I forgot to mention Peter Matt above of his own selection of Italian wines. He was here with Sam Gessner of LVDH Selections tasting his array of small-production/hand-picked Italian wines ( that I believe we will taste this weekend , the last one of July 2010 when Sam comes to Cleveland Park to do an in-store/wine-tasting with our customers ). I liked very much what Paper and Sam had to taste me on. They were all classic/traditional style Italian wines best when served with food.




Harrison, owner of William Harrison Imports comes with rep Dan Terassa to show us his new Argentinian winery that we will have to sell here in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevlandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) in another few days, the first week of August, 2010 to be exact. Excellent and they will be popular I bet.




Andrea Englisis of Anthenee Imports out of New York tastes my two great friends Lee and Leslie on her range of six-eight bottles she and Jody Jackman of Winebow brought to taste with me and Chris Barker.




Antoine and his equip of French owners/wine-makers did not have anything to taste. We had just tried the wines of DOMAINE TARIQUET a few days ago with our customers on the past weekend. They were just there to say : " bonjour/salut " and to invite and remind me to come to the annual 2010 Bobby Kacher portfolio tasting of wines in another few days at the Washington Club on Dupont Circle. I did, too and have already blogged about that here and posted it. Check it out when you have time.


I love my pictures as you all know by now. Here we had old friends and new ones coming together with bonds and connections and good moments and sparks of recognition and realizing who knows who and that the world isn't so large after all types of moments happening all so quickly and here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where everyone is welcome and many come. Cheers, Merci et a la prochaine mes amis. Revenez-nous voir au Cleveland Park n'importe quand et bonne continuation ...

On va acheter vos vins pour notre magasin en Aout, 2010. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: