Friday, November 13, 2009

Tasting ( 10/09 @ Cleveland Park Wines ) Of MIOLO Brazilian Wine Lote 43 Dry Red Cab/Merlot/ Portuguese MONTE DA CALDEIRA 2005 Alentejo

This was a really fun tasting as I was able to try a " new " MIOLO dry red Lote 43 Brazilian blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and also some Portuguese MONTE DA CALDEIRA 2005 dry red from the Alentejo region. I liked both very much and will try and get them to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits as soon as possible.



I wish that I could just buy everything that I taste and love really quickly but we simply do not have either the money or the space to accommodate all the excellent wines that are being now made in the world. There are so many to chose from and it really keeps it an exciting business trying to represent a variety of some of these that are available to us here in the Washington D.C. area.




I have taken lots of pictures and have just started to download them here and will continue to do so over the next few days. Enjoy these and stay-tuned as I will include more as well as more commentary on all these wines.




Having lived in first Rio De Janeiro and then Brazilia ( when it became the capitol ) as a child from the ages of 2-8 years of age ( my father had just started his diplomatic career with the State Department in the Azores for two years and Brazil afterward ) that I have always had a keen interest to represent Brazil wherever I can in a positive light as I had the time of my life there as a child and still remember it fondly and at times vividly even after so many years and moons have come and gone.

As a child I was one of the very few kids that can say I climbed over all the famous buildings in Brazilia as they were being built - yes!!!!!









No comments: