Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Flying Back & Forth From Milan, Italy To National Airport W/ 6 SENS Dry Pays D'Oc Rose , Oct 24th-Nov. 1st, 2009 : Highs & Lows, Lost Bag

This trip of mine was started at a handycap for me as I waited at National R.Reagan Airport for two or so hours before my flight was to take off ( that was the good part ) : and then because of bad weather we waited on the plane for awhile to finally take off and fly to John F. Kennedy Airport.

This meant that I missed my Air Italia flight to Mapenza, Milan International Airport. Oh well, that put a whole new spin on things as I dashed to get onto the next plane going to Mapenza ASAP!



It's nice to see the lush verdant green of the land below as we get ready to land here I believe. Everything is like a patchwork : like a quilt made a whole long time ago before man. Of course now man and woman have alike put their mark/ touches on this amazing quilt of earth and life.



I love taking pictures from my window seat on my plane rides and this time was no exception. Flying to New York there were some beautiful views from my vantage point and those are at the end of this blog.




I also love taking pictures of the wines and the foods that I eat if they merit it. The ones here with the small bottle of French Pays D'Oc dry rose called 6eme Sens Rose 2008 from Gerard Bertrand ( www.gerard-bertrand.com ) and the smoked salmon ( unbelievably fabulous and uplifting to me just then ) were very much worth it. I was smiling broadly as I ate this smoked salmon and sipped my 6eme Sens dry Pays' D'Oc French rose. The two worked beautifully together and they really raised my spirits and took any fatigue that I might have been feeling just then and tossed them out the plane window! Merci Air France pour ca.

They were served to me on my Air France flight from the Charles De Gaule Airport in Paris, France to Mapenza, Milan Italy. I must have been put into the business class to deserve this as I had missed my earlier flight. This was a great bright spot in this journey of mine to try and meet my daughter on time.




As it was I arrived in Mapenza ( outside of MIlan ) , Italy around 2 PM or so asnd as I was about to discover I got there without my bag. Yikes! What can one do? I grinned and bore it as I was not about to make this a focal point of this week's trip as I was about to meet my daughter at the Stazion Centrale train station in Milan in an hour's time after taking the bus there and I was pumped. Nothing was going to ruin my week with my daughter in Italy : certainly not this. I filed my lost baggage claim with an Air France clerk and soon got on the bus headed for Milan.




I was inspired by the clouds, by the sun and open blue skies above the clouds, about our plane's shadows and about crossing over the French/ Swiss alps headed towards Milan, Italy.

I have more pictures and commentary to add but enjoy these in the meantime. What a grand adventure this all was and I don't want to let it go yet. We were there the last week of October and it is now Sunday, November 15th, 2009 here at home in northern Virginia and it's now been three week's. Cheers, TONY




I also love the sun and it's reflection off of so many surfaces including the water of the lakes below in one of the pictures here.




A also love the mist or the fog that blankets the alps as far as the eyes can see in one of these photos.












It's also pretty amazing to see the bright ball or orb that the sun makes in two of these last pictures and how the brightness of the light all but whitens the whole picture out to nothing but dazzling light.


No comments: