Monday, December 29, 2008

Jeanne Moillard At Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits In-Store Wine-Tasting Of Pouilly-Fuisse and Chorey Les Beaune, Dry Rose, Romanian Pinot Noir , Too


This was just a visit I believe of Jeanne Moillard's ( the MOILLARD family makes many excellent burgundies as well as other wines in the southwest of France and even outside like in Romania I believe it is? They own some of their vineyards and also have long-standing contracts with many growers in burgundy to purchase their grapes )to our store Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 sales@clevlelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com Tel : 202-363-4265 ) one Friday just around noon in April 2006 perhaps? I am guessing of course. I wrote the headline first and believed it was an in-store tasting but through my detective work that I mention I have determined that it was indeed just a visit.

I checked my calendar of events back then and see that she was not scheduled to do a tasting . I checked the order in which I took the pictures ( who came first and after her ) so as to get a better sense of the time. I also checked the pictures and found two of our favorite customers in them.

Usually Ernie and Lloyd come to the store on Fridays just after they have had lunch in one of our local Cleveland Park restaurants. They get to the store perhaps between noon and 1:30 PM?!? I think so. Anyway Ernie comes in search of a red or a white wine for the week. We have a grand time chatting : lively, animated, a bit insane conversation where neither of us knows where it might lead and that's what keeps it so unexpected and entertaining! Usually Lloyd listens to Ernie and I interact. Sometimes she adds things, too. You never know what to expect. Sometimes Lloyd is on a mission to buy something too or I find something to taste her on or tempt them both with and Lloyd cannot resist.

It's always fun no matter what. I introduced them this time to Jeanne Moillard and perhaps we tasted some of Jeanne's wines. I cannot tell from the photos. I did get them to pose for me so that I could take their pictures. Sorry, the camera I was using was starting to die on me and so they are still fun but a bit fuzzy the images.

Jeanne and I may have worked out a future tasting with her at the store. This may also have been the time that I stepped out of the store to enjoy a twenty-minute or so coffee break with her over at Firehook Bakery? Memory fades so it is nice to have the pictures to remind of these times now more than two years ago. I also took two pictures with Jeanne and Mike Martin my business wine-buying partner here at Cleveland Park. Enjoy.

Jeanne is now like family. We sell her wines when we can and are offered them. It's now Tuesday, December 30th, 2008 at 9:19 AM here at home in northern Virginia as I type and proof this before posting it.

Happy New Year 2009 Jeanne, Ernie, Lloyd , Mike and everyone else not in these photos.. Cheers , TONY



No comments: