Sunday, December 8, 2013

Owner & Winemaker Doug Fabbioli of FABBIOLI CELLARS In Leesburg, Virginia Comes To Taste His Wines For The Fourth Time @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits In Cleveland Park Our Happenin' Place In Northwest Washington D.C., 20008 Saturday, December 7th, 2013 from 2-6PM : Big Success, Big Treat!




Doug's here, we can open our doors for business and wine-tasting now! Great to have you here with us again Doug! Cheers, let's rock the place now! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 12/7/13




Thank you all very much. You helped us to get a 5-Star rating here on Facebook and we do appreciate that very much1 You are all the very best1 please ask your friends and family that might also enjoy shopping at Cleveland park wines and Spirits to LIKE us as well! Thanks. This is a great way to start my day as I get ready to go to work and set up for owner and winemaker doug Fabbioli of his own Leesburg/ loudoun County, Virginia winery FABBIOLI CELLARS to come pour a selection of his fine wines today. JOIN US : 2-6PM, everyone ALWAYS welcome. Lets get passed this rain of yesterday and get stocked up in case Monday turns out to be a really bad weather day! Cheers, No charge for the tasting, only if you buy something. saturday, December 7th, 2013 ... get a bottle signed as a gift by Doug for these holidays. TONY






Thanks for the tasting Doug : the Tannat 2010 was a delight : so open and inviting and pleasing since my first tasting it more than a year ago when it opened so gradually that it took the 5th day to be a firmer and heartier version that it was yesterday on the first day! What a mark-over - what an incredible blossoming and transformation - who would have suspected? Who would have known? How couldwe be sure? The 2012 Chambourcin, $21.99 with the " new " label was also a real delight, there was a firmness and a real pepper and spice to the Reserve Cabernet Franc, $27.99 : it's got a solid mouth-feel that I liked and made me think of food almost immediately after the Chambourcin which I could have sipped for awhile chatting when chatting with family and friends. The Merlot -Raspberry , $25.99, in a 375ml bottle was pure Raspberry puree that made my mouth smile immediately and my taste-buds curl round the liquid red effortlessly, a willing participant I became in a flash second. Thanks Doug and congrats! Enjoy today's snow at FABBIOLI CELLARS! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 12/8/13 Sunday at 9:56AM now ... off to Bentley's for breakfast with our daughter now before the snowfall ... TONY





Thanks Doug, the wines all showed beautifully : your best to date!  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn




 The snow's coming down now more steadily. Back from breakfast at Bentley's with our daughter, I'm here on our couch looking out on our cul-de-sac, all snug and warm and watching the snowflakes come down. My wife just asked me : " Do you want the Christmas lights on ? " I said : " Yes, that would be nice. " And then she asked me : " Are you going to count the snowflakes? " I said : " No, but I can see them all from here. " as I smiled and looked out our big windows outside. I can see the golden small lights on our trees reflected in this glass with many bare trees and their stark brown and a thin but quickly=thickening blanket of white snow starting to cover their bark and the grass below as well as the cat-tops, too. Cheers, thanks again Doug. Always a pleasure to see you. You are one of the few Virginia wineries that contacts us regularly and that braves the wilds and the jungles of city life to come into Washington D.C. each year. You my friend are part of what I call our Cleveland Park family! Take care, I hope you have many coming to taste at FABBIOLI CELLARS today and to take cheer and warmth in your fine wines and snacks and food that you pair with them in the tasting room. Happy Sunday, December 8th, 2013 : Happy Holidays All 2013!  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn   here toasty and warm from my vantage point in my manor and chateau - our home - in northern Virginia. Always happy to go green and sell and promote local!    TONYday, December 8th, 2013 ..




Anthony Quinn Thanks Lucinda, it was a great tasting with Doug yesterday at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits in Washington D.C. Northwest, 20008 , Saturday December 7th, 2013 from 2-6PM : all the wines showed beautifully, really some of his best efforts! TONY enjoy the white as it falls all around, so calming, so peaceful, our individual or group moments of soothing zen ... TONY





Olivia was just here with us tasting with owner Doug Fabbioli of his own Virginia Leesburg, VA. winery FABBIOLI CELLARS. I asked Olivia after she tasted the wines which she liked? She responded : " I like them all! " We got a bottle of the PACO ROSA red blend Chambercin, Vidal Blanc and Cabernet Franc that's fruity and bright and toast red strawberry-flavored- easy-sipping to enjoy that Doug signed for her. Catie was nice to take these two pictures of us. Thanks Catie. Olivia's seeing-eye dog was starting to drink the wine from the plastic cups in the trash can and so I quickly moved it away as we cannot have that as her dog is " on the job ", and that just wasn't good. Next time Olivia I'll get some water for her. What fun it was to have you come and taste with us Olivia. Have a great weekend! Cheers, TONY 12/7/13













     During our tasting I saw a lady looking at the liquor on the wall and I asked her if she would like to taste Doug Fabbioli's Virginia wines with him. She smiled and said to me : " Sure, but I never tasted a Virginia wine that I liked. " I responded : " Well, then you can tell him what you think to his face. " as I smiled back. Doug did not hear our conversation but did inquire to what we had just said? I explained and he said that to Doreen : " Will you taste my wines? " And we were off, our necks on the line here with Doreen. She spoke a second to Doug as I answered another customer's question., When I got back Doug informed me that Doreen was only going to try one wine and what should that be. I said the Chambourcin 2012, $21.99 as it is my favorite and showed so beautifully. We tasted Doreen on this and I asked her what she thought ? She responded : " I don't hate it. " Well, not only did Doreen not hate it but she bought a bottle! And Doug you may have even signed it for her! Success, how sweet it can be, how sweet it can taste, just like the taste of your excellent 2012 dry red French hybrid ( still grown in France;s Loire Valley ) Chambourcin. Cheers everyone! One step at a time, one taste at a time, we - Virginia wines are gaining ground Doug!







It's really coming down now Doug : how's the snow in Leesburg, Virginia  at FABBIOLI CELLARS now : a winter wonderland?! Cheers,   TONY

No comments: