Thursday, December 5, 2013

I Just Heard It Announced On Channel 4 News NBC That Nelson Mandela Has Passed Away As I Was Typing About The LAETITIA Vineyard California Sparkling Wines & The Dry White Pinot Blanc & The Red Pinot Noir Still As Well! Cheers, We Will Miss You Nelson!


Speaking of Laetitia Vineyards' wines and bubblies, too : and the recently announced passing of Nelson Mandela :

Thanks Jackie, the history we have with Laetitia is long and involved and really quite special as they go. I remember so well the real love that many of our customers like Mike had for the Pinot Blanc when we started years ago. How can I forget that, it was profound : the quality was amazing, and then we could not buy it here in Washington D.C. as it all went to a major hotel chain I believe? What a grand loss that was : went through, all of us , a real sense of mourning : much as wel all will do now that Nelson Mandela had just been pronounced dead. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of this, really I am. It's a whole lot to digest just now. I need a moment .... TONY ( 12/5/13 )




Inspirational. Years ago while in South Africa with John Morrison we were driving in Cape Town and John pointed out Mandela's house as we left a winery there in Constantia and headed to John's daughter's home for a lovely meal. Yesterday Theresa Morrison was at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits talking about their arriving container of much-anticipated wines from South Africa and the tasting we will be doing in the store later this December 2013. We will dedicate it to Mandela and to the boundless inspiration and admiration he has inspired in all of us. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn when I heard the news on NBC Channel 4 I was writing the people of the LAETITIA Vineyard & Winery in California and had to pause, and told them so.




@ Cleveland Park Wines & SPirits in Washington D.C. , 20008 last night ... 
 


The store was packed, it was hard to move around, everyone side-by-side,happy, smiling, sampling some of the 35 different sparkling wines that we had to sample with the generous and expert help of Regis of Roanoke Imports, Ines Oro of BOHINAS Cavas os Spain through Tradewinds Specialty Imports, Mike Cavanagh of A&M Imports and his own CAVANAGH Family Imports with his wife, pouring two sparkling wines from Brazil's SALTON Winery that were a " big surprise and hit " with many, Richard of Elite Imports, Roberta of Washington Wholesalers representing the Robert Kacher French sparkling houses and champagnes of PASCAL DOQUET and AMBROISE Cremant de Bourgogne, IRON HORSE " Classic " vintage-dated- was it a 2008?!? -  ( the IRON HORSE had a great mineral-citrus quality that was so dry and so measured and so fine, and that needed food as it was - with highs and lows and middles and real cadence and nuances and distinction and CLARITIES, too : I liked it, drew me in so quickly ... ) , and the LAETITIA Brut Non Vintage, On Special for $19.99 - what a great deal! too of California - I liked the " presence ", the " body ", the " toast " and the " " bread " - and on the seconand then ...d bottle tasted last night I liked the elegance, " fullness " , and the silkiness and fruit! ..., Enrico Sasso of IL PIOPPO Italian Artisanal family growers, and Mark of J.W. SIEG. We poured many fine small French champagnes that are Grand Cru and Premier Cru quality and also " Recoltant-Manipulant " in quality! John a Master Of Wine that gets our store email came and tasted, says he's a friend of Frenchman Pascal and smiled as he said this, loved the selection, and stayed for awhile. It was special, and everyone smiled, talked, and drank in all this great cheer of 35 types and seven people pouring and teaching-informing them as they did. Cheers, happy holidays, come back, we have more! Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn 12/5/13

what fun @ CP Wine & Spirits last night, 12/4/13 , I just posted this on that Facebook page and am copying and pasting here now . TONY


Ned came through the store looking for a bottle of port for a gift for someone that knows port so I took him over and immediately - wow , Nelson Mandela dead, I just heard this on Channel 4 as I was typing - I have to pause for a moment - ... anyway, now a few seconds later - I showed Ned the bottle of FEREIRA 20-Year-old Tawny that we have On Special for $59.99 : it BLEW Michel Dumas and Anthony Quinn- me - AWAY when we tried it. This is our second order and just in time for the holidays! Ned bought it after much discussion and I showed him other choices , too. It was my first recommendation - he went with it! Cheers, happy holidays Ned! TONY 12/5.13


Speaking of Laetitia Vineyards' wines and bubblies, too : and the recently announced passing of Nelson Mandela :

Thanks Jackie, the history we have with Laetitia is long and involved and really quite special as they go. I remember so well the real love that many of our customers like Mike had for the Pinot Blanc when we started years ago. How can I forget that, it was profound : the quality was amazing, and then we could not buy it here in Washington D.C. as it all went to a major hotel chain I believe? What a grand loss that was : went through, all of us , a real sense of mourning : much as wel all will do now that Nelson Mandela had just been pronounced dead. I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of this, really I am. It's a whole lot to digest just now. I need a moment .... TONY



A photo and the text - words of Pele on his Facebook page just now I copied with a picture of him and Nelson Mandela :





     " Hoje estou entristecido demais Nelson foi uma das maiores influencia na minha vida. Foi um heroi para mim, um amigo e um companheiro na luta pelo povo e pela paz no mundo. Vamos todos nos continuar sua legacia com proposito e paixao. "  Pele

     Great words ...


No comments: