Thursday, May 6, 2010

Owner Of FROGMORE CREEK Winery, Tasmania , Tastes 2008 E.B. Pinot Noir @ Wine Spectator GRAND TOUR Wine-Tasting In Wash. D.C. @ Ronald Reagan Center



This was another fun stop for me here meeting one of the owners of this FROGMORE CREEK Winery in Tasmania, Australia. As you can see I quite caught her off-guard ( I hope to include here name as soon as I find her card ) as I snapped quickly many pictures with my Canon digital camera here. Being an artist I like to capture many spontaneous and fun angle/image shots that make one think and get more by doing so. I loved her smile and laughter in the picture above. Seeing this picture brings it all back to me.




She told me that she is looking for representation here in the United States. I hope she found some people interested in representing her wines here?

I liked this 2008 FROGMORE CREEK Winery Pinot Noir. I never asked her what it would sell for here in the U.S.? She will have to respond to this blog in the comment section at the end and include this information as well as a short list/description of her other wines if she would like ) as I do no have that myself.




I love his artsy photo that I took of her above mirrored in back of the Wine Spctator GRAND TOUR on the wine glasses. I like the way her features and the letters work as well as the blues and reds and earth tones of greens and yellows come from the art work above in the Ronald Reagan International Center that with the setting sun shine down into the atrium/courtyard below where we were. I also like that her Pinot Noir 2009 FROGMORE CREEK Winery is in my glass and at the bottom of this picture. What do you all think : does i work for you?




The 2008 FROGMORE CREEK Tasmanian Winery Piot Noi was pithy and earthy, sinewy and dry and spicy and balanced : medium-bodied and definitely for me best with some food to accompany it. It's an old-world style of red wine that makes me think of France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Greece : as if it was intended to be enjoyed with a meal and not by itself. It has too much personality that needs to be tempered ever so slightly to get the maximum effect/results from it. I like this and have always preferred wines made to complement a meal. They are more interesting and for me so much more challenging and rewarding as a result. This is of course simply my opinion. Anyway, I'd love to try some of this 2008 FROGMORE CREEK Pinot Noir with a meal ; perhaps something that I had just grilled out back on or grill outside? Yes, that would be a great way to launch the wine for me.




Anyway I wish her and her FROGMORE CREEK wines well. I also look forward to hearing where they end up : with which wholesaler? Let me know if you need any help?




I'm glad that I stopped to tate this " new " to me FROGMORE CREEK Winery 2008 Pinot Noir from Australia's Tasmania.



Thanks fr the taste, the conversation and the brief memories. TONY




Enjoy these pictures that I took. I love the setting with the natural light coming inside from up above as well as her animation and intensity...



A bientot ....

No comments: