Thursday, May 6, 2010

Meeting Gary Horner Wine-Maker Of ERATH Winery, Oregon Thurs. April 30th, 2010 @ Wine Spectator GRAND TOUR Tasting @ Ronald Reagan Center, Wash. D.C.



This was a really quick meeting and tasting with Gary Horner the wine-maker of the ERATH Winery in Dundee, Oregon at the Wines Spectator GRAND TOUR wine-tasting here in Washington D.C. On Thursday, April 30th ( 7-10 PM ) at the Ronald Reagan International Center.




I saw this table and was really interested in tasting this Pinot Noir of Gary's as well as th other Oregon wines ( DOMAINE SRENE and DOMAINE DROUHIN ) as we at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connectcut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) will on Wednesday, May 13th ( 5:30-8:30 PM ) be hosting our own Big Them Oregon in-store , wine-tasting at no-charge with about 25 wines to taste and learn about.




I was able to watch Gary taste Paul Yohai the wines before he tasted me. They chatted and I heard Paul invite him to come to his store to taste anytime as I snapped away with these pictures. I was looking forward to both meeting Gary and to saying " hell " to Paul that I had not seen in a very long time.




Being an artist I like to take some artsy photos which I have included here. I really did enjoy speaking soon with Gary as I enjoyed his Pinot Noir. I will include the vintage as son as I am back at the store later today, Friday, May 7th, 2010. I am home now and must get ready for work. I will post this now anyway just to start this ball rolling.




Of this ERATH Pinot Noir of Gary's I must complement him and the wine on it's balance, freshness, suppleness , flesh and good mouth-feel with a firmness and yet a roundness that immediately put me at ease and pleased me as I explained how long I have known of and sold the ERATH wines, starting way back when in the early to mid eighties when the name was KNUDSEN-ERATH ...

Stay-tuned for more later today and in the meantime enjoy these photos of Gary and his wine as well as of a beautiful setting for the tasting here in Washington D.C. our nation's capitol.

The organizers of this event as well as those that poured and worked it made it a thoroughly splendid event and 3-hour period of time spent for me enjoying many great wines. Cheers to you all .... TONY






1 comment:

International Girls said...

Thanks for sharing this you might want to check this cool dating sites
International Girls