Saturday, May 29, 2010

May Tastings 2010 LE GODE 2001 Barbaresco W/Arielle Monaco Of Country Vntners 5/28/10 Thursday Afternoon @ Cleveland Park Wines



It's all about taste : personal, subjective taste. I flipped out over this 2001 LE GODE Barbaresco and both Chris Barker and Arielle Monaco were only lukewarm about it! How is that possible? Go figure? I have to scratch my head at this and yet I understand that I don't understand perfectly! How is that everyone does not have my excellent taste : or that I do not have theirs?!?




That's life! I flipped out over it because it was so complex and earthy and dusty and weedy and the earth warmed over with the heat and the lingering sunshine that somehow got trapped into the pores of the grapes and that, like champagne is finally being released now?

I could have nursed my way through that bottle all by myself, slowly, lingering to smell the roses faded and not in the bouquet of this multi-layered, mature and story-telling 2001 LE GODE Barbaresco. What did it live through in 2001 to attain such heights that in fact spread across the palate and go vine-to-vine and fill in all the nooks and spaces and crannies ( ravines, gorges, plains and plateaus of my senses that gather and mingle and are teased/pleased/charmed and bit at times alarmed that there can be so much pleasure/treasure in this liquid ruby-brown gold of reflective lights Nebbiolo that is almost ten years old now? How?

Lovely and everything nice, at least for me. Cheers, .... I've never heard of it before but I must buy some of it for our store Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) for July 2010. It's now Saturday, June 19th, 2010 at 9:07 AM as I type this and post it from my home here in northern Virginia before driving off to work in Washington D.C. on this beautiful, sunny, bright, blue skies and low-humidity morn to sell more wine - but not before I see my son swim some... TONY






Still kicking and very much in it's prime - beautiful color, too ...

No comments: