Friday, July 10, 2009

Marcie Wienstein, Wed. July 8th, '09 W/ German UNDONE Pinot Noir , VALCKENBERG Gewurz., " PANTHER CREEK Pinot Gris, LE LAPIN CA. Petit Sirah

This was one of those fun, serendipitous tastings for both Mike Martin and I ( Anthony TONY Quinn ). Marci brought us a series of wines including some excellent German wines ( one Riesling, one VALCKENBERG Gewurztraminer and one UNDONE Pinot Noir red ) as well as the LAPIN Petite Sirah and the PANTHER CREEK Pinot Gris, both which Mike and I really liked. Our favorite was perhaps the PANTHER CREEK Pinot Gris. That was a killer-excellent-silky and rich and amazing wine to just sit around sipping/lapping up! We have to have it!





The German whites were also excellent and we will order both the dry Riesling and the smooth, velvety, lush and bright ( no edge ) VALCKENBERG Gewurztraminer because everyone can sit around sipping it as well as pairing it with many a dish.




I have to look at my notes to continue this but I am now at work and it's Saturday and it will get busy soon. It's a beautiful day here in Washington D.C. with clear blue-white fused skies and no humidity, warm, lots of sunshine and promise for a great weekend. It's a great time to buy some wines like these and sit back and relax and enjoy life all around us. I;ll do dome of that with my family tomorrow!




Stay-tuned for more as this weekend I will finish this. In the meantime enjoy some of these artsy pictures that I love to take. I hope you enjoy them, too. Cheers ...
















Enjoy these photos I took of Marci Wienstein's most recent sales call here at Cleveland Park before leaving for a wine-related vacation to her old stomping ground in Adelaide, South Africa. She and Lisa Giufre are off on an exciting South Australia adventure together, Have a great time. TONY

No comments: