Friday, July 10, 2009

Jody Jackman Of Winebow Imports Tastes three " New " Vintages of CASTLE ROCK ( CA. Sauvignon Blanc, OR Pinot Noir ) @ Cleveland Park Wine July 2009

Jody Jacman had samples of the 2007 CASTLE ROCK Reserve Sauvignon Blanc from California, the 2008 Oregon Willamette Valley Pinot Noir and the Russian River Valley 2005 Petite Sirah. All three of these were made by CASTLE ROCK. Mike and I liked the 2005 Petite Sirah quite a bit and will add that soon to our roster of wines here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).

I did not like at all the 2008 Oregon Willamette Valley Pinot Noir finding it too dusty dry without enough bright cherry fruit coming out or even enough toasty-berry-cherry flavors. It was simply dull and uninspiring, at least the bottle that we tasted. Of course this is simply my opinion : I am sure that it sells well and is popular. CASTLE ROCK has a great track record for reading the mood of the times and people and giving them what they want and like. I give them credit for that : especially as they offer so much value.

I also liked the Reserve Sauvignon Blanc and will see about that. We may have a spot for that, too.



I will add more soon to finish this blog but it is Saturday and I have to get ready now for the rush of our Cleveland Park neighborhood customers. It's another gorgeous, humidity-free, blue sky, warm day that it just feels grand to be alive! I got to see my son earlier at our local pool swim in northern Virginia. He swam the backstroke and improved his last time by a second. But enough of that now ... I've got to get back on the wine track here ...













Customers shop, Jody tastes and conducts business all in one here and on her phone : multi-tasking at it;s best, most proficient. Cheers Jody and thanks for the taste! See you tomorrow for our Friday tasting here in the store from 5-8 PM when you arrive with David Pinzolo of your Italian division and taste an all-Italian great variety of tastes and flavors. TONY


No comments: