Sunday, July 19, 2009

Drinking Sparkling Portuguese Dry Red Sparkling NETO COSTA With An Old Family Friend & Our Family Sunday, July 19th, 2009











I like that the NETO COSTA doesn't try to be more than what it is. It's not trying to be modern in style or appeal to a larger audience. It is what it is and either you like it or not : and that's the end of the story. NOTE : almost everyone that I recommend it to at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) really like it and return for more. We've sold quite a bit and are currently out of it but in the second week of August it will be back again.









This was a treat to be drinking this Bruto Espumante Metodo Classico Reserva Tinto N.V. ( non-vintage ) sparkling Portuguese dry red called NETO COSTA earlier this evening. I like the way the wine in the glass and the bottle with the burgundy red label look in the light of the burning torch sitting on our table in the pitch dark of this lovely evening with a dear old family friend and my wife.






This was a really enjoyable evening here in northern Virginia at our home out back on our deck on a beautiful, humidity-free warm evening that was perfect in every way with all the wine, food,cheeses, cakes and pies , white 2008 Vinho Verde GAZELA and NETO COSTA that I think is made with the Baga or Bago indigenous grape variety from Portugal. It's got so much gnarl and tar and leather and spice and earth and it's also so rustic. I love it. Out guest said that it was a perfect summer/ warm weather choice as he enjoyed it along with his PELLEGRINO Italian mineral water.

This was a Portuguese night for us where the wine was concerned. I like that. Enjoy these photos that I took inside and outside.

And for fun I have thrown a couple of pictures of our garden that I took earlier today. Cheers, TONY

No comments: