Sunday, March 8, 2009

Chris Pigott Brings A Winemaker/Owner/Rep To Clevelsand Park Wines & Spirits/ Says " Good Bye " To Country Vintners : We Will Miss You Chris! Good Lu


The headline should read/finish : ...Good Luck! but I ran out of space as has happened now more than once.

Chris Pigott has served us really well over the years here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwine.com sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) and we will miss him dearly. Thanks Chris for all your attentiveness to the store and to bringing us so many fun, engaging, wonderful and talented winemakers, owners, reps and other key people close to a winery or vineyard. We have all benefited greatly from these contacts with our customers and I believe each of us has taken away something truly special that means something different to every one as we are all such different in our likes and personalities, etcetera.

Chris has always been one of my favorite sales people of all time ( now a good friend as well ) because he did exactly what I asked of every one : bring me anytime the owners/ winemakers / key resp and individuals involved with any of the wineries and vineyards from anywhere in the world - they are always welcome at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits with or without an appointment. I want to meet these individuals and share them with the customers of our store : plain and simple. Chris understood this well.

Thanks again for that Chris. Let me know if I can be of any assistance as you continue on. Have anyone call me and I will be happy to give you a glowing recommendation.


Here are four pictures that I took back sometime in 2006 when Chris Pigott my rep from Country Vintners came by with someone for me to meet. It's a bit embarrassing top me because I recognize the person standing in the middle between me and Chris but I can neither recollect his name or the wines pictured here. That is not good! So please if you recognize this handsome individual that surely has a name and deserves to have it mentioned/included here help me out and leave a comment at the bottom of this blog. I would appreciate that greatly, really.

In the first picture here the other gentleman in on the left as you look at the picture is none other than Frenchman Francois Hurtel from Brittany. He's been a rep to us on-and-off for the last six or so years I believe. He's brought us the excellent PIERRE FERRAND cognacs as well as the HEIDSIECK MONOPOLE and POMMERY champagnes - all of France. Thanks Francois! We enjoy selling all of these at Cleveland Park and they are all currently in the store on this Friday, March 28th, 2009. Come check them out and you will see their high qualities, each and every one of them.

Once I remember who this mystery man is I will fill in the rest of the blanks here and complete this story.

Cheers, TONY

No comments: