Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BLAAUWKLIPPEN Vineyards South Africa With John Morrison ( Boutique Vineyards ) On Tuesday Morning, Mar. 17th '09 W/ Winemaker Rolf & Carolyn & Delia





























Tasting wines from the barrels, from the tanks, still fermenting, sweet Cabernet Sauvignon fermenting still, lunch, too. Wow! Lovely ladies ( Carolyn & Delia ) for company the whole time, too as well as inspired young German Rolf the winemaker that has given BLAAUWKLIPPEN now his personal imprint of consistent, balance and more forward fruit flavors to the array of wines in all price categories Great job, Rolf.

I will write much more but I want to share some of these photos of my complete tour with John Morrison from seeing the grapes in crates outside ready to be crushed and trying pretty much everything as it was happening from various days of fermenting all up to the excellent finished products at their own restaurant there just by the cellars and winery. As I walked into the winery and the greeting and tasting areas I could smell all the fermenting taking place and I think Carolyn said something like : " Isn't it wonderful? " I had to agree it was for me, especially being able to witness a winery in full-swing like this. Thanks Carolyn, Delia and Rolf.

I really enjoyed our luncheon, too afterwards at Barouche.

Cheers, and stay-tuned for much more and enjoy these photos in the meantime . TONY

No comments: