Thursday, January 8, 2009

Owner/Winemaker Of CASS Vineyard In-Store WineTasting At Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits N.W. Washiongton D.C.



This is really a story inside a story inside another possible story/Food Channel show proposal? It sure was fun to be a part of it on this Saturday. It all happened very quickly and started when my customer and friend Mike told me that someone was filming another store earlier with the idea of presenting a pilot episode to the Food Channel network in the hopes of airing a new show there. Mike told me that he had mentioned my name as well as that of the store and that perhaps I would hear from this gentleman anytime now?




Well, once I heard this on that Friday early in 2009 I mentioned it to both my Nice Legs rep Charlie and the owner of the CASS Vineyard from California that was tasting me on his many excellent Rhone-style reds of Mourvedre, Grenache and Syrah as well as white Viognier : and his Bordeaux-style reds of Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon as well.




On that visit we had already bought and sold the Viognier as well as the last of the Cabernet Sauvignon and were nearly out of both. We were anxious to try more and better understand the full vision and mission of the CASS winery.




I asked both Charlie as well as the owner of CASS if they would be interested in returning the next day to be filmed for this pilot for the Food network and they seemed interested and so we exchanged phone numbers and made a tentative time for them to arrive around noon.

Everything was in place that next day ( Saturday ) and everything went as planned as you can see by all these pictures that follow. We had a blast and there was lots of film-footage taken and I guess the pilot did not result in a show. Too bad, that was sure a fun possibility to dream and hope for? Maybe next time.




Enjoy these photos and I will add more as I can as there are still many things to include here that I want as soon as I can find my notes from the past.




Funny, it's now Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 and it's almost a year since all of this happened and it is now our holiday season with New Year's just around the corner. Come and buy some CASS wines from us for these holidays : the Rhone-style reds and the white Viognier are especially nice this time of year.




Cheers, TONY








Here are some marvelous photos from this Saturday noon - 4 PM in-store wine- tasting in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) with the owner of CASS Vineyards in California.

No comments: