Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Claude Thibaut & Pamela Margaux Of Margaux Imports, VA. Here Tasting JANISSON Champagne With Our Cleveland Park D.C. Customers

This I believe are the pictures from Claude Thibaut and Pamela Margaux's first wine-tasting ( or should I say more accurately, champagne tasting ) at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) . We tasted various vintages of the JANISSON champagnes including the regular and blue-bottle " Tradition ", the dry NV brut rose JANISSON and the FRANCOIS DE ROZAY NV brut champagne that is the introduction level of JANISSON.

We also had for sale at this time both the 375ml bottles of the regular " Tradition " as well as the 1.5ml ( magnums ). We believe strongly in all the JANISSON champagnes and are glad to offer the whole range that are imported here into Virginia and distributed by Pamela and Claude locally.

























Claude and Pamela are now like family. Claude was just here this Valentine's Day and he did an in-store tasting which I have already blogged about here at chatwine. Check it out for more information as I don't want to necessarily repeat myself.

I don't know how it happened exactly but at some point in early 2006 Claude and Pamela must have stopped by the store to taste Mike Martin and me on their JANISSON champagne. It might have just been at first a visit to introduce themselves? I simply do not remember. However, once I learned that Claude was French and a champagne-maker and living now in Virginia and so close to us I immediately warmed to any more details that would follow in our continuing conversation.

Mike and I did try the JANISSON champagne made just outside of the northern town of Reims : we liked it quite a bit, especially the blue-label " Tradition " and the dry N.V. brut rose. I think the rose was Mike's favorite.

We arranged for a small order to arrive at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and the rest is history. We've been selling now all the JANISSON champagnes well as well as Claude's joint venture in Virginia with owner Man ( Manuel ) Janisson of JANISSON champagne called THIBAUT-JANISSON. That's what I have already blogged about in the previous blog. I will tell you, however, that this second year of THIBAUT-JANISSON is made from 100% Chardonnay grapes grown in three separate old-vines vineayards around Charlotttesville, VA.

A few minutes ago I found the page that Claude and Pamela signed on their first tasting here at Cleveland Park on May 17th, 2009. Claude said in French : " Tony, Nous sommes tres heureux de faire votre conaissance. Tres heureux de pouvoir vous propose nos champagnes dans votre superb magasin. Mes amities, " signed Claude Thibaut / winemaker. Claude also added at the bottom of this : " winemaker for :
- Iron Horse Vineyards ( CA )
- Jordan " J " ( CA )
- Vve A. Devaux, champagne ( FR )
- Kluge Estate ( VA )


For more info and technical information on any of Claude and Pamela's champagnes and French/Italian wines go to : MARGAUX - JANISSON IMPORTS 1413 Dairy Road, Charlottesville, VA. 22903 Tel: 434-996-3307 Fax: 434-973-7166 domclaude@hotmail.com.

If you are looking for anything special give Mike Martin or me ( Anthony Quinn ) a call at : 202-363-4265 and we will be glad to help you. You can also email us at : sales@clevelandparkwine.com.

Cheers, TONY ( It's now Monday morning, April 1st, 2009 I believe at 10:09 AM as I type, proof and post this new blog.

No comments: