Wednesday, December 17, 2008

New Face On LONGVIEW Wines, Last Weekend Of Sept, 2008 , ( Peter Saturno owner with brother and father ), Adelaide, South Australia,

I should have posted this blog months ago and am embarrassed that it has taken me so long. This was a grand tasting with Peter Saturno of the LONGVIEW Winery in the Adelaide Hills of South Australia. It was just recently owned by Duncan who sold it to the Saturno's : father and his two sons. I was in Australia thanks in a large part to both Duncan and Chris Pigott that got the ball rolling for me.



Of course everyone was instrumental in making our two-week trip there ( for both Chris and myself ) a huge success. I met Peter and his brother and father for the first time on their own turf in the Adelaide Hills and I had a blast. Nothing was spared to make it a truly memorable and grand experience for both Chris and I. Don't you agree Chris?




These are pictures of Peter's trip with the rest of the Aussie and Kiwi team as they came over to the United States to continue promoting and sharing their broad range of wines with us over here. We had a great turn-out for this Saturday in-store tasting at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits the last Saturday in September, 2008. Lots of people turned up for this tasting and lots of bottles were signed and sold then and there.




It's been just a bit more than a year now as I discover that I never posted this blog. I apologize for this error. Funny, Peter's brother Mark was just in the store three or so weekend's ago and we had a rollicking great tasting with him on the Monday evening from 5-8 PM. I have already blogged about that and included stories and pictures there as well.




I hope that you like these pictures that I have included here. I need to think it over a bit tonight and finish this blog tomorrow. However, for the meantime enjoy these pictures as they also tell many stories all by themselves.

Cheers and stay-tuned for more really soon ...




It's a truly small world as my friends Marco and Denise came to this tasting and I have just been in contact with Marco this evening that is helping me to enjoy my stay with my daughter at the end of this month in both Florence and Rome, Italy. He's from Rome and knows both cities quite well. Thanks Marco ...




These are pictures from both Saturday and Sunday, the last weekend in September, 2008. On Saturday Peter and the rest of the gang ( Rob Gibson ( GIBSON WINES & LOOSE ENDS, Barossa, Liz Menkel ( director of the Country Vintner's Australian and New Zealand portfolio ), Barbara Lawson ( LAWSON Winery, Marlborough, New Zealand ), Nick Stacey ( of WEST CAPE HOWE Winery in Denmark , Western Australia , as well as the VINACEOUS wines ) and Jeremy- rep for the Country Vintner's Aussie and Kiwi portfolio in the U.S. ) were all in the store pouring their wines for our Cleveland Park customers ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008, Tel : 202- 363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and then they treated Chris Pigott and me to dinner at Chef Geoff's in downtown, Washington D.C. On Sunday we all went with my son, too to an Oriole's baseball game in Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland and then I had them all over for dinner at our home to share some good food and some really special old wine as a " thank you " for taking such good care of us while over in Australia. Thanks guys - it was grand.


I think I got some good candid shots here ...







border="0"/>

No comments: