Friday, December 19, 2008

May 25th, '06,Lindsay Stanley & Jim Lambert Owners of STANLEY LAMBERT Barossa, South Australia Here At Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits With Antoine Pin

It's always nice to get Lindsay Stanley from the STANLEY LAMBERT Barossa vineyard in our store at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. This is perhaps the second or third visit of Lindsay Stanley ( PO Box 459 Barossa Valley Way Tanunda South Australia 5352 Tel : +61 8 8563 3375 Fax : +61 8 8563 3758 lindsay@stanleylambert.com www.stanleylambert.com ). His partner is Jim Lambert and they have both been to our store now at least once. Jim is American and Lindsay is Aussie. They both bring different things to the Cleveland Park Wines table, so-to-speak each time they visit.

This visit Lindsay came with Antoine Pin his local wholesale rep and it was nice to see Antoine again as well.

You can see Lindsay holding either a bottle of his excellent Chardonnay or his even more complex and flavorful Semillon blanc. We have sold both in our store. As a matter of fact we have sold most every wine that STANLEY LAMBERT makes and ships to this market.

They are all flavorful, complex, aged and really well-balanced wines that will shine especially well when served alongside food. I will get more into the wines shortly.

Funny, on this visit Jim did visit and yet I do not have any pictures of Jim : they are all of Lindsay and Antoine! What was I doing/thinking?!? I'm sorry Jim ; I will take more of you on your next visit and include them later.

Lindsay was feeling pretty playful when I asked him to write something in our wine owner/maker gust book. He wrote " " Ask Tony about the " Australian kiss " " Lindsay Stanley.

Jim Lambert wrote : " G'Day Tony, Best " Jim Lambert.

I should have asked Antoine to write something but did not : my mistake.

Anyway, you are all three always welcome in our store anytime. Beat Holidays 2008 to you and your three families and a Happy 2009 as well! Cheers and stay-tuned for more to follow. It is Friday night at 11:31 PM at home here in northern Virginia and I am exhausted after having sold wine all day long in our nation's capitol. I also drove immediately after work to see my son swim for his high school swim team! I'm bushed.

Oh, and before I leave I want to say " thank you " to you both Jim and Lindsay for your hospitality to me and Chris Pigott when we dropped in unexpectedly on you this February 2008 when we visited Australia for two weeks. You both really went out of your ways to make us feel welcome and at home and I appreciate that greatly mates! TONY

     PS : We have a few bottles signed here still of Lindsay's " Black Sheep " 2002 red blend of Shiraz ( 60% ), Malbec (25% ), Merlot (15% ) at $14.99. It's a medium-to-full-bodied, dry, earthy, intense dry food wine made in the " old classical style " of winemaking. Best with food!





No comments: