Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 2011 Weekend Tasting Of KNOB CREEK , ( RI ), MAKERS MARK 46 & JIM BEAM BLACK ( Gift Sets, Too ) @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits In Wash. DC



People came and tasted these four excellent bourbons and ryes and also enjoyed some cheese as well as the conversation as introductions were made and people became a bit more educated about how these four products all had their own personalities and flavor components. It was a fine line-up and I am sure that our Cleveland Park customers liked this opportunity. They always ask us to do more and so those lucky enough to have been here on this early January weekend were very lucky indeed.




We have already done a couple or more tastings of KNOB CREEK and JIM BEAM BLACK and I have already posted those blogs here at chatwine.. You can use the search engine here above to access those if you like.




I remember the first time when I tasted the two side-by-side that I preferred the JIM BEAM BLACK and said so at the time because I found it smoother and more velvety and easier to sip all on it's own without mixing or doing anything to it : like sipping a cognac, armagnac or calvados. By the way in today's Washington Post Food section the critic Jason Wilson wrote a nice piece on armagnac and I wonder if he mentioned the clear white armagnacs that seem to be all the rage now?




I was pretty busy at this time and so I did not taste these four and I should have. That's my loss. I will have to make the time the next time. I like though taking the pictures to show what we do here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at : cleveland park wine & spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits now, too ) on a weekly basis for our customers.




Being an artist besides a wine educator/enabler I also am attracted to the beauty around me and that means both the beautiful young woman tasting on this evening as well as the presentations of these four liquors here on the table in the picture above.




We are glad to have these wonderful four selections and to have tasted them with our customers on this evening. I leave the critical reviews here to others : I just try and present a visual stimulus that hopefully prompts some of you to go out in search of these four at our store or at your local store to check them out and also purchase them as you find you want or have a need for any or all of the four tasted here.




Cheers and take a close look like our customer pictured above did. Fascinating really I assure you. TONY


No comments: