Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dan Terrrasa Of William Harrison Imports Tastes French Bubbly Burgundy BAILLY-LAPIERRE/ SAINT MEYLAND Wed., Sept. 29th, 2010 @ Cleveland Park Wines



This was a great tasting of the cremants du bourgogne the other day with Dan Terrasa od the Bailly Lapierre sparkling cremants from burgundy that we have been carrying now for years and that are brought to us by Dan Terrasa of the William Harrison portfolio of French and Argentinian wines.




The labels have changed and been softened and made more traditional and for me they don't stand out on our shelves like the old ones did but the quality is superb. We now have in the store the Bailly Lapierre blanc de blanc brut and are waiting on the Pinot Noir to arrive. We sell the Chardonnay Blanc de Blanc On Special for $16.99 and are thrilled to have it because it is so refined and stream-lined and has a lovely, lingering, creamy bright finish. It's also not heavy and I like that, too.




WE also now have again the Saint-Meyland cremant from Burgundy which is their less-expensive version of the Bailly Lapierre. I can't remember the exact cost of the Saint Meyland as I am at home now on a beautiful Sunday afternoon typing this to post it now and not at work. I'll work more on this and include more as I have time but in the meantime I want to share these artsy photos that I love taking with you all. I also want to get out and enjoy more of this beautiful day as well with sunshine, a delicate breeze, baby blue skies baby up above and it's probably now in the eighties and I'm in cobalt blue t-shirt that says : " I Got A Fever And The Only Prescription Is More Cow Bells " that refers to the Saturday Night Live skit years ago with Christopher Walken, shorts, fancy flip-flops and diggin' it!




So enjoy these now on Sunday, October 10th, 2010 at 12:57 PM and stay-tuned for more. Cheers and do come by the store to pick these up and try them at 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com, Facebook at : clevelandparkwine&spirits in Cleveland Park N.W. at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.




Cheers and drink lots of cremand du bourgogne when you want great and affordable bubbly : especially the BAILLY-LAPIERRE and the Saint-Meyland! TONY




Where's my glass? I need a glass now : quick!




Love this rose-salmon -peach-soft color : it beckons to me, really it does, like a beautiful woman does, too ...




Just look at those bubbles : they are magnificent buoyed by the rose-salmon-soft-peach colors - effortless, weightless, mesmerizing, beautiful, a lagoon filled with rose cremant de bourgogne and filled with the sun's light - like a pool outside, like lagoon outside with the sun's color shining from the sides out into the center of it : don't you just want to take a dip? Doesn't it make you feel like diving in, head-first? It does me : no doubts, no reservations! I'll be the Anthony Bourdain of bubbly here and help light the fire under him as he spends way too much time on food and not nearly enough time on the liquid libations like wines and bubblies, etcetera ...




Looking at these pictures now as I scroll down to check my work makes me want to drink some right now out back on our deck but I have things to do now before I can get to that later when I start up our grill to make some salmon fillets as well as our fire pit to warm us the sun departs and it's reflection and light can only be seen in the moon in that wonderful outer space/ night-time scene ... TONY

I think the visit was at the end of Sept 2010 with Dan?

No comments: