Friday, July 25, 2014

Reconnecting Today Friday, July 25th, 2014 With The Wines Of FABBIOLI CELLARS & NORTH GATE Vineyards In Loudoun County, Virginia With Lucinda Smith, Tasting With Fernando Valenti & Customer Andrew Earlier Today @ Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits In Northwest, Washington D.C., 20008






Lucinda Smith Saturday, September 6th - 2pm to 6pm - with Fabbioli Cellars Doug Fabbioli), North Gate Vineyard ( Vicki Fedor & Mark Fedor) and Granite Heights Winery. Great VA Wine to come try!!!!
Lucinda tasted us today on the current and ' new ' releases from both the FABBIOLI Cellars wines as well as those of North Gate : both in Loudoun County, Virginia : and we worked on our winetasting with owner Doug Fabbioli and Mark here on Saturday, September 6th, 2014 from 2 to 6 PM , no charge, join us, there will be a third winery that we will be tasting and adding, too. Cheers, thanks Lucinda! Always great to see you here in the store ... I liked the wines, but it made me think : " What did / does the Russian think?!? " Cheers, happy weekend all, tony






Anthony Quinn says ..

 The wines are all excellent that Fernando Valenti and I sampled today with Lucinda Smith  from both NORTH GATE and also from FABBIOLI CELLARS. We started with the NORTH GATE Cabernet Franc that was delicate, elegant, a perfect wine for the normal heat and humidity of this Washington D.C. and northern Virginia weather that we get. It could have been chilled more. I like my Cabernet Francs chilled some so that they vibrate on my tongue and palate like when plucking a violin string, I want there to be some tang and some spice and some struggle, a sort of willing tug-of-war if you will, not just ease-and-please, some fight! That's what I like in my Cabernet Francs and so I would have chilled it Mark for thirty minutes or more and enjoyed it with a plate of cold-cuts, mid l cheeses, pickles and some rillettes and some subtler pate as well ...
 I liked it, Fernando really liked it, ...
 and then we sampled some Merlot that I really liked for the bolder weight, the stronger accents of spices and the thicker, denser , pithier, perkier, punchier pronounced mouth-feel and contact : more tactile, more like wrestling and everyone winning! Something for everyone ...
we did start with the Chardonnay , and our State Department- retired customer - Andrew joined us, I invited him : he said that he, in all his years had never found a Virginia wine that he liked. I said that today we would turn that all around for him and he did taste. ...
 We started with the Chardonnay from NORTH GATE that was more aromatic and floral with more butter scotch and honeysuckle and some almond and vanilla and almost too much of that all for me, just at the limit. A comment was made, I believe by Andrew himself that thought it would be fine to sip it outside when relaxing and chatting ,
and we all agreed. Lovely. ...
 more on the Doug Fabbioli wines and the rest of the NORTH GATE Apple dry wine and the Raspberry-Merlot from FABBIOLI that I decided to try and blend, as well as Mark's Apple Wine that I blended, too ... making some cocktails, some cocktails for each and every month to give everyone something fun and special to make to celebrate the changing seasons and the various months ... to draw attention to the products and how they might yield even more surprises and delights!
 Cheers, thanks Lucinda, gracias Fernando, glad we started to turn you around Andrew with these wines from Virginia : high time, too! Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn Happy weekend all, Friday night on a cool, delightful night outside, July 25th,


Virginia Wine tasting coming to Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits on Saturday, September 6th from 2pm to 6pm. Fabbioli CellarsNorth Gate Vineyard and Granite Heights Winery - some superb wines showing what Virginia wine has to offer. Tony & I having some fun, talking smack about the wine business, certifications, independent wine shops and wine judging. Fun times, Anthony Quinn!!

You bet Lucinda! I will finish my comments here in a day or two : stay-tuned! Cheers,  TONY 7/25/2014

No comments: