Saturday, November 16, 2013

Johnny, An Occasional Shopper @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits, 20008 ( As He Lives In Sonoma, CA. ) Stopped Here Yesterday, Friday, November 15th, 2013 & Complemented Our Store & Personal Service & Made Our Day : Thanks Johnny! You Are Too Kind!




Yesterday had a real high for me here on Friday afternoon when Johnny passed by me and I asked him if I could help him with any wine? I had seen him looking at our Bordeaux selection and I had to be sure that if he had any questions that I answered them for him? He stopped, smiled, and said that we had already met and that he wrote articles for the Wine Spectator. I remembered Johnny but not the rest unfortunately. He has family here and was coming to help a friend out and do a wine-tasting here this weekend, as well as take care of some personal business and see his family. We started to chat, he was so complementary about our store saying he loved it here, loved shopping here, loved our wine collection. He would not stop, saying that this is the way it should be, that it was so friendly here, that we talked to everyone, helped them : that he had been in many wine stores and they were not all the same, not like ours. He loved that it was so clean and bright here, so free of dust, that the bottles were all fronted, that many of them were laying down as they should be. Wow, thanks Johnny, you made my day! We talked about your next article on corks, about your being a Master of Wine , how it took you thirty years to become one, about Davis, and those in your graduating class. I made introductions to Eric Platt, To Malkit Singh, to Michel Dumas, we all chatted and enjoyed our conversation. Nice. You noticed Santos Rivera's beer selection again and smiled and complemented us on it as you left. We promised to keep in touch. It was a wonderful exchange and makes it all worthwhile when people like you Johnny appreciate what we work very hard to accomplish here. As he left he thanked me for introducing him to some of our customers like Susan. Cheers Johhny, thanks for so many kind words. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  11/16/13


No comments: