Thursday, May 9, 2013

Barton Seaver That I Met In Washington D.C. 2012 : Realizing How Much I Missed Or Did Not Pick Up On Or Put Two & Two Together : Startling & Yet Marvelous, Too! Cheers Barton! IRON HORSE'S Sparkling CA." I Am Giving / I Am The Ocean ", & FROMM'S LA STRADA'S Kiwi Pinot Noir 2004!

... ( I borrowed this picture above just now from the IRON HORSE Facebook page, hope you all do not mind? Thanks, TONY ) ...
     I am not quite sure how I missed putting so many details together to see a bigger picture with Barton Seaver?!? Did I miss the signals, the words, the nuances, the implications, the spoken details?!? Was I that much in my own thoughts!?! Was I simply not seeing how all the times that we had spent talking about wine and the " special release " of 800 cases from IRONHORSE Winery and their sparkling wines fit together with the National Geographic here in Washington D.C. and Barton that I was seeing off and on for several months?!? Some of all the above. I am guilty for my part : I readily admit my part and all that I obviously missed putting together as I did here at my home in northern Virginia last night.   ...   ...

     So here it all goes. Let me tell you about the past month and last night in particular. Fasten your seat belt, let's go for a ride, for a fun adventure.   ...   ...

     I just read this when I googled Barton's name :  "   Barton Seaver is on a mission to retore our relationship with the ocean, the land, and with each other - through dinner. he believes food is a crucial way ...  "   You have to google him and finish reading this after you read this blog of mine.   ...   ...



...   ...   ( the picture above looks down Cleveland Park, our Northwest , 20008 neighborhood ... cheers, that's towards Chevy Chase Circle, Maryland ) .. .   ...

     It was great to talk with Barton on the few occasions that we chatted, a lot in 2012 when he was here. He would come and we would talk wine much of the time. That's how the conversation got to IRONHORSE California sparkling wine.

...   ...



...   ...  ( Maps are so important, imagine the bodies of water around these countries like that of Italy that this cute little girl above is studying pretty intently . )   ...   ...




     ...   ...  ( We also spoke about the LA STRADA New Zealand vineyard and their excellent 2004 Pinot Noir ; both Barton and I liked it a whole lot. )  ...   ...


 

...   ... ( Looking down Connecticut Avenue Northwest toward Dupont Circle, 20008 . )  ...   ...



...   ...   ( The Uptown Movie House that is such a fabulous theater and Landmark for the Cleveland Park Northwest, Washington D.C. , 20008 neighborhood. ) ...   ...

    



...   ... ( Always something happening in Cleveland Park, vibrant neighborhood. ) ...   ... 


SO : to get back to my story with Barton. Here was someone that was engaging me in conversation and somehow we were talking about sparkling wines and the name IRON HORSE came up in California? We were probably both talking a mile-a-minute and it was busy and there were lots of people around us and the name : " I Am Giving / I Am The Ocean " came up. Barton might have been the one to mention it? I cannot remember now. It was not that long ago. I should remember, but I don't. Oh well. Anyway, I told him I had sold it, that I still had some. He was surprised, perhaps startled, pleased : all of the above? I told him I still had some.   .
..      ...    NOT FINDING IT  on the shelf I looked in the cold box and was able to find one last bottle. He told me as I was doing this that her had helped to make it, to promote it, ( who was this that I was talking to?!? I had no real idea? Yet here he was, out of the blue, telling me that he had been involved? ). Barton told me about his involvement with the National Geographic as I searched the cold box. I know I only heard parts of what he was saying. Too bad for me - my loss. I was immediately drawn in, I was interested. The bate had been offered and I was hooked, really I was. How did all of this come about? How was it that , here and now, at this very moment in time as I was looking for a bottle of IRON HORSE'S " I AM GIVING / I Am The Ocean " that I was actually talking to someone that had been involved in this magnificent project?!?   ...   ...

...   ... ( These two pictures above are not mine and ones I found on the internet on Facebook and share them as they fit here and , I believe add to this story . Cheers.  )  ...   ...

   I miss a whole lot, my mind races too quickly, I concentrate on certain things that penetrate and then I race on and a lot of the time I do not actually finish the thought or my full realization of what has actually been said or just happened. With Barton this is definitely the case. I am sorry for that. here we were having an amazing conversation about IRON HORSE and the National Geographic and this younger man, Barton Seaver standing next to me and I did not ask for him to fill in all the details for me about this amazing story? Barton, please do comment here if you see and read this blog of mine. It would be great to have you fill in the blanks for me. Let me fill in mine as to how we got to this point-in-time last year and how I happened to have this bottle in our cold box which Barton decided to purchase? Where was my trusty camera? Why did I not have it? Why did I not think to take a picture of Barton holding the bottle? What was I thinking or not thinking as the case clearly was at the time?!? Too bad, that would have been wonderful to include here : sort of a bit of closure, sort of the completion of a fascinating circle, and all unfolding here between the two of us in Cleveland Park, Northwest Washington D.C. ( not far from either the National Zoo or from the National Geographic! ).  ...   ... It all makes me smile now as I put all this together. ...   ...   And this whole blog idea came to me this past weekend as I thought about my good friends and customers Ed and Jinny Fleischman of the cooking meals/dinner : " Company's Coming " in Cleveland Park chez eux who's daughter is getting married and serving IRON HORSE'S " Wedding Cuvee "! Small world, wonderful world, wonderful slices of it come to bloom and to light right here in our very own Cleveland Park Northwest D.C., 20008 neighborhood, too.   ...
     ...   But let me get back to my story leading up to this point.   ...   These pictures that I have added, the last three are rather fun and whimsical and I hope you enjoy them : colorful, bright, filled with hope and promise and good cheer and the ocean, too   ... It started a very long time ago for me. But the short story is that my manager/ rep for IRON HORSE, Mike that worked for Washington Wholesalers here in Washington D.C. brought me a taste one day , wanting me to pour and support this special cuvee of theirs in both the store and also at our annual Big-Theme Sparkling Wine/Champagne/ Bubbly December event. I liked the idea when it was presented to me, I LOVED the elegance and the finesse, the polish, the brightness and the silkiness of it, too when Mike tasted me on it. Thank you MIke, you got this ball rolling for us and I have been very happy to bring light to an essential cause for us all to support, one that Barton Seaver helped bring back , front and center on our stage, our platform here in Washington D.C. I will post this now and continue it later as I have time. Enjoy it as it is now. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn   Thursday, May 9th, 2013 here in northern Virginia.


 






... ... I called yesterday to talk with Roberta our local rep at Washington Wholesalers about the IRON HORSE sparkling wines, I needed to place my order for a case of the " Wedding Cuvee " for the wedding coming up soon, as well as to check on the availability of the " I Am Giving , I Am The Ocean "? Roberta was going to check, she was not sure that any was in stock at this point. Too bad, I would like to order some , a six-pack for our shelves. We will see. ... ... ... ...

No comments: