Friday, January 7, 2011

Tasting The ELIAS MORA Spanish Red & The VINT HILL Virginia Viognier Of Wine-Maker Chris PEARMUND. / Enjoyed Both @ My Home Jan. 2011










I was given this to enjoy during the holidays of 2010 and just got around to trying it now in January of 2011 and I discovered much to my disappointment that I should have waited to open this down the road in another three to five years as it is way too young at least for my palate. The middle ranges need to open up and and I was tasting at this point more of the alcohol in the wine than I would like.

In the past I have really liked these wines and I should have been patient and waited. Oh well, I will ask my rep for Elite Fran to bring me the wines again to sample and decide which one is right for us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.

If I buy this one I will recommend that it be cellared longer and enjoyed at a later time when the middle will blossom of it's own volition and the alcohols will have subsided.

If it were to be drunk now I would recommend a hearty meal to serve along with it to flesh it out as best as it can be at this stage in it's early development. Patience my friends, TONY




Anyway, I look forward to revisiting these wines once again because this last bottle has raised some very interesting questions for me that I would like to ponder some more and see and learn and taste more as I think so many things today are in flux and in some form or change or another and wine is certainly one of those.

Keep a close tab, take as many mental notes as you can as you taste. Reflect back to old memories and times and places and try and recall those taste sensations and recollections and try and piece everything together to have for yourselves at least the largest possible picture from which to draw and to draw any conclusions.

It's all a very personal and fascinating and wonderful and mesmerising quest and journey and it sure is fun to be as much on top of things as you can to best appreciate the moment and to draw as much pleasure and inspiration from it as possible. I love how wine can be such an integral part of all of this at times. It certainly does bring a whole lot of joy and contentment into my life when it is the right one for the specific place, moment, mood, feeling, energy level, etcetera ...

It's now Wednesday morning here at home in northern Virginia as I type these last sentences on February 9th, 2011 at 9:08 AM here in my chilly basement on what looks to be a really cold, cloudy yet not dark winter's morning and we have later tonight at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits our Big-Theme Valentine's Day 30-40 Wines Wine-Tasting with seven tables, seven vendors and our special guest Chris Pearmund of the PEARMUND Vineyard just outside of Warrenton, Virginia. Chris will pour the wines of VINT HILL, LA GRANGE and PARADISE SPRINGS all of which he makes as well as his own PEARMUND wines - all from Virginia. Join us, never any charge : bring family and friend and buy at least one bottle to show your support for such events and those that lend their valuable time and expertise and wines to make them the grand successes that they usually all are.

Thanks and see you later tonight.

I will talk to Fran my salesperson at Elite wines about tasting some more of these ELIA MORA Spanish wines really soon. TONY

Funny that pictured above with the ELIA MORA Spanish red wine is a bottle of the VINT HILL Virginia wine that Chris Pearmund will soon pour for our customers at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also now on Facebook at : cleveland park wine & spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits - check us out ) ?!? Quel coincidence!

By the way this bottle of VINT HILL dry white Viognier was excellent and I will see about ordering some for the store after tonight's wine-tasting when we see what sold and what we need to order from the tasting to fill any extra orders for the wines that we get.

Cheers and see you later tonight. Fran from Elite Selections will be pouring tonight so if you read this and have any questions for him about the ELIAS MORA wines you can catch him at our store tonight.

No comments: