Friday, July 30, 2010

Matt Dougherty Of Washburn Imports Tastes MYER CA. Syrah, CA. " The Other " ; Cherish Cherry & Vittekerke Framboise Beers; 7, 2010 / Good Wine & Beer



This is simply a quick blog entry to say that Matt Dougherty our local rep for Washburn Imports is doing an excellent job showing Chris Barker and me ( Tony Quinn ) many fine wine, beer and liquor selections these days. He's one of our local customers as well and has lived in our neighborhood for some time now. I have sold him wine and beer over the years and so when he walked into the store to sell me some of the Washburn portfolio and approached him not knowing this and thinking that I would be selling him something.

Imagine my surprise when I heard that he was selling wine! Anyway, this is when our relationship changed to include his wines, beers and liquors that he sells as well as others, too that we carry and that he still wants for himself : nice, it works.




These are my more artsy photos that I have mounted here for you all to enjoy. I hope that you like them.

As you can see I have pictures first of two California wines that we have sold here in Cleveland Park at the Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at : clevelandparkwines&spirits, too ). " The Other " California dry red blend has been sold along with it's partner dry white blend since Tom Finnigan introduced them to Mike Martin and me years ago.

The MYER FAMILY CELLARS dry red 2005 Syrah from Mendocino, California is " new " and it came to me because Tony the national sales rep for it called me earlier this year at the store and we got to talking about his wines as well as about Sydney Moore Margolis' father Aaron Millman that had given the then young Tony his first taste of wine in Florence, Italy in a class there.
Wow, it's a small world and so many things do connect! Tony had called me because he read my blog about Sydney's father and mother and the Mayflower Wines & Spirits that they owned with both Sydney and Michael Downey back in the late seventies and eighties.

This 2005 MYER FAMILY CELLARS Syrah needs to be cellared or open for awhile before drinking : it's balanced but quite big with things needing to slowly fall into place : not a wine to be rushed for optimum enjoyment of all of it's charms.





I like this picture of you Matt : it's really quite nice.




It's now Monday morning here at my home in northern Virginia at 9:16AM on November 22nd, 2010 as I get ready to exercise before going off to sell wine to be enjoyed this Thanksgiving holiday that's this coming Thursday.

These wines and these two fruit-flavored Belgian beers of cherry and raspberry would all make excellent choices for Thanksgiving and each would find a fan or two. The beers would be good before or after the meal and the reds would be good with plenty of time being open before being served, especially with some red meats or cheeses if someone was serving something besides the standard turkey meal. Besides, they will both warm you up and give you some extra weight and flavor and taste good. I say these days : " Drink what you like, that's half of your enjoyment, so drink what you like even if it does not exactly match the foods you are serving ".




Look at the beautiful red color of the MYER FAMILY CELLAR 2005 Syrah wine above and below.





Another distinguished picture of you Matt! Nice.





I like this picture above : bottle, label, glass and wine ( MYER FAMILY CELLAR 2005 Mendocino Syrah, California ) all together : seen together in their scene - just as it should be - all the players united and fronted as one : all for for, one for all!!!!






Happy Thanksgiving 2010 to one and to all, to Matt, Tony and Matt mentioned here as well - thanks for everything.Cheers, TONY

No comments: