Thursday, July 29, 2010

July 28th, 2010 MARTINS & SENORIO ALDAZ Navarra 2009 Tempranillo ( $13.49) Argentina E Spanish Kosher Wines/Cab & Malbec/ Touton Sel.



It's now 11:30 PM on Thursday, September 9th, 2010 the Jewish New Year Rosh Hashana and I want to get this blog posted within the next thirty minutes before it is over.




Our Touton salesman Steven that I have known now for close to twenty-five years knows that at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com, Facebook at clevelandparkwine ) that I have now managed for over ten years that I like to sell a full collection of kosher wines. He brought me these two MARTINS Argentinian reds of Cabernet Sauvignon and also of Malbec as well as the SENORIO ALDAZ Spanish Navarra 2009 Spanish dry red ( $13.49).




Steven brought them to me in July I believe, early enough knowing that both Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur were just around the corner. Thanks Steven. I enjoyed all three but I really liked the SENORIO ALDAZ 2009 Spanish Navarra Tempranillo ( $13.49 ) and we bought that one immediately.

I liked this 2009 Navarra Tempranillo for it's style, flavor, balance, faithfulness to time and place, grape and climate/weather. It's a dry, medium-to-light-bodied Spanish Tempranillo that I think is both reasonably-priced and I sell it both as kosher and all on it's own simply as a good bottle of well-priced Spanish red that will complement many a dish.






This SENORIO ALDAZ 2009 ( $13.49 ) is best with food in my opinion as it has some lively acidity and earthy/spicy tones, too that need to be somewhat fleshed-out with the food. Together the food and this wine will create some magical moments : and I think that there are a multitude of combinations that will accomplish this. I will have to bring a bottle home Steven to try with some of the things I like to grill outside on the delayed weekends ( Sunday and Monday ) when it is my turn to cook the meals for our family.

We have been selling it well now for more than a month and it has sold especially well beginning at the end of last week and continuing into this week. It also comes in a red blend and I will have to talk to you Steven about getting some of this other dry Spanish Navarra red blend to the store soon. Be sure and remind me of this.

I will also have to check about getting some of the MARTINS Argentina dry reds to the store but I think I will wait until October for them and the meantime concentrate more-fully on the SENORIO ALDAZ Spanish wines.




As you can see from the first picture that I also tried two Italian reds : both Valpolicellas and both made in the Ripasso-style : 1) the ZENI Ripasso Valpolicella and the 2) TOMMASI 2008 Ripasso Valpolicella. I will comment more on those at a later time as I did enjoy sampling both. I think as I recall I had a real preference for the ZENI as it reminded me more of the traditional style and the TOMMASI as more of a nudge to the modern/international style.





LOVE the color above of the TOMMASI Valpolicella Ripasso-style : wow, wonderful, so rich, so bright, vivid, warming and inviting.

Steven you always manage to bring Chris Barker and me some interesting wines that represent value and fill a hole and earn a place in our store here in Cleveland Park Northwest Washington D.C. our nation's capitol. I thank you for that. Cheers to you and everyone celebrating Rosh Hashana last night and tonight.

We do sell a full selection of kosher wines in all styles, prices and areas of the world concentrating on those when we can from Israel. TONY

No comments: