Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meeting Andrew Stover ( Chief Wino ) Of SHINDIG, Route 99W , JWOOLT, 5o States Wines: Tasting Real Pleasant Surprises July 2010



I liked meeting you Andrew Stover ( Chief Wino ) of VINO50 SELECTIONS ( Shindig, Route 99W, www.vino50.com , andrew@vino50.com, 202-409-7910 ) in July 2010. I was interested in your wine selections ever since Dave McIntyre had written about them when he tasted them with Jim Stutzman and then written them up in the Washington Post Food Section wine article of the week. We have had since then thanks to Richard Lay the " Sex " and the " Wet " sparkling wines that I have already blogged about as well as the two dry reds from ARIZONA STRONGHOLD ( the " Nachise ", $28.49red blend of 52% Syrah, 27% Grenache, 15% Petit Sirah and 6% Mourvedre is still here). All three others have sold-out and will be here again with more from Andrew the first week of September.




I enjoyed our tasting Andrew because of the tremendous variety and that the wines did not all come simply from the obvious places. I live that you are willing to stick your neck out as I a and fight for the many U.S. states that make wines interesting and worthy of carrying here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) as well as many other places, too. These are fun wines to talk about Andrew : fun experiences to suggest that our customers have to learn and experience something new and " cutting-edge ".




Andrew I know that you are coming by this week to get things organized for the arrival of your order with us the first week of September. I'm excited about this because it will give me " new " things to talk about with our customers that are interested in pretty much everything these days. They have open-minds and I really do appreciate this as it is they that will then spread the word along with me.




I had fun taking lots of artsy photos of you Andrew and a bit later I will post this as it is and add to it after meeting with you this week. I want people to see these pictures and to get visually inspired by what you are doing that is brave and does take guts and strong beliefs and convictions. Bravo to you Andrew. May our paths now often cross as we finally know about one another and have now met . Cheers and to many great events together. TONY



I wasn't as enamored with the SHINDIG white as Andrew was. It simply did not excite me as much as it clearly did Andrew so I ask you Andrew to bring me a fresh bottle so that I may sample it once again and be as fair with my evaluations as possible.




What I loved, however was the feeling that I would be trying some or a lot of cutting-edge wines from all over the United States and this excites me beyond belief, really it does. It encourages me to cheer for Andrew and his efforts and to buy as much as I possibly can from him to keep his young company healthy and growing and offering up more and more fun and exciting, unusual, unheard-of, unexpected, unsought-after, curious, novel ans yet perfectly delightful and well-made/balanced wines that will challenge us and what we know and what we expect and what we like in the end. These are all good things : they are great things really.




I am an artist and so many of these pictures I hope make you want to call Andrew or come by and see us at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits here in our nation's capitol and see what's in-store for you now. Enjoy these pictures, their compositions, colors, textures, contrasts and do come by. Today ( Wed.-Thurs. Aug. 25-26th ) we are running a Big-Still-Wine-Sale on 12 or more bottles at 20% OFF, or any bottle of still wine over $20 a bottle at 20% OFF! That includes the ARIZONA STRONGHOLD dry red from Andrew.




Come and show your enthusiasm for this type of cutting-edge wine business of Andrew's as well as stores like ours willing to support it. We've got a lot of work still to do, many people to meet and connections to be solidified. Don't be a stranger : let your voices be heard. Comment here on the Comment section at the end of this blog and let's get the ball rolling. We all need to stick together and to work really hard to make this more than a pipe-dream but a wonderful reality. Cheers and stay-tuned for more. In the meantime enjoy these pictures and call either us at Cleveland Park Wines ( 202-363-4265 ) or call Andrew.




We are already arranging for Andrew to come to the store to do an in-store wine-tasting of some of his most exciting and edgy and unusual/unexpected wines culled from some of the 50 states around this great U.S. Of A. of ours. A la prochain, a presto, hasta luego Andrew et a bientot! TONY
































So much for us still to look forward to : this is going to be a long and beautiful relationship ... and today, Wednesday August 25th, 2010 at 10:42 AM it sure is a beautiful, clear, bright, cool, sunshiny and low-humidity day - one of our last days of summer here in northern Virginia just before I head off to work after having walked on my HEALTHRIDER tredmill and written a poem... cheers, TONY

No comments: