Friday, October 16, 2009

October 2009 @ Cleveland Park VOILA Imports Wine-Tasting W/ Sotiris & CANTON Ginger & FRench Cognac Liqueur With Devon : Fri. Evening



It's always a great pleasure to have Devon come and pour the Canton ginger and French cognac liqueur that sell so well for us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-36304254 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ). This must be Devon's fourth or so tasting of it and many of our customers love discovering it!




I believe it sells for around $30 a bottle and it comes with a delightful circular set of tastefully-presented recipes that are bound and around the neck of the bottle. There must be 10-15 different suggestions of how to serve it.

And for those that actually buy a bottle Devon gives them the little coffee-table book size with colorful pictures and more of a complete story about CANTON. It all works beautifully and there are always big smiles on our customers' faces as they try it and then find it very difficult to not buy it.




Devon's father is a partner I believe in the venture and she is finishing her studies and I guess enjoys our store because returns pretty much every six weeks or so and keeps CANTON very much in the eyes and on the palates of our customers.




Our good customer above has a bottle of the ADAMI Prosecco in his hands that we sell for $16.49 and highly recommend from the Michael Downey selections portfolio. I last had some with me with my wife a month or so ago across the street at the Italian restaurant Sorisso offered to us by owner and chef Pietro once he finished cooking and joined us briefly at his bar brandishing a big, weary smile on his face. He could not drink anything while cooking so he shared some of the ADAMI with us then. Thanks Pietro. Your meal was delicious by the way ...



Thanks Devon for all your help.




Thanks Sotiris, too for coming to pour the VOILA Imports French selections which included an amazing silky dry rose from the Costieres du Nimes area of France. It sells for $18 I believe and we still have some ( CAMBIS, is it? ) and it is refined and elegant like a Provence rose.

Sotirsi Bafitis also poured a very stylish Cahors for around $19 I believe that is as smooth and polished and silky as the Malbec grape can show itself. It's made in the area of the town of Cahors, France where it comes from originally. Today Argentine Malbecs are better-known because they have worked hard to get it into the public's hands and on their palates, too. But no one knows this or remembers this alas.

I tell people that the French and others would not have schlepped the grape and vines all the way to South America if this were not true: why bother if it was not wonderful in Cahors?!?

I need to put the correct name of these products down here once I get back to work. It's my day-off today and so I will complete this soon as the names and prices should all be included here to be more accurate and helpful.



It's now Monday morning here at home in northern Virginia at 11:02 AM and it's the holiday season getting going and my last day-off for two weeks. The sun is out and the temperatures are rising into the fifties I believe.




I'm cleaning up my blogs that I have left like this in their " draft " forms and want to wish everyone a grand holiday season and very happy and fruitful New Year.

Thanks for following this blog that has been a great outlet for me to use my artist talents and specific bent of mood/manner/eye/sense and pretty much complete love with life and joy of being alive and aware of so much wonder and beauty and amazing natural things to stimulate and awe and make me want to be constantly diving into everything surrounding me all the time!

I'm feeling very much at the height of my artistic/emotional/mental capabilities and thrilled to be enjoying them as I work hard to be a part of life and witness and sometimes record it as I do here and sometimes simply live it without regard to anything else but selfish pleasure and hunger being satisfied/gratified.

Cheers ... TONY

No comments: