Friday, August 15, 2008

Captain Australia ( Nick Stacey ) Here Saturday, April 26th( 2-5 PM ) With Rep. Jeremy Overman: Now Jeremy Returns Friday, August 15th, 2008 To Taste

















     It's 3 PM here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and we welcome back Jeremy Overman who sells us some of our favorite Aussie wines ( LONGVIEW, Adelaide, www.longviewvineyard.com.au ; WEST CAPE HOWE, Denmark, western Australia www.westcapehowewines.com.au ; PICARDY Vineyards, Pemberton western Australia www.picardy.com.au - www.countryvintner.com.au ; LOOSE ENDS, Barossa, South Australia www.countryvintner.com.au ) and now INTRODUCING : VINACEOUS South Australian wines ( www.vinaceous.com.au ). Today Jeremy will pour the " Snake Charmer " 2006 Shiraz ( 14% alcohol ) Limestone Coast, South Australia. Come try some here in the store now with Jeremy. I'm sipping it now as I write and I've just told Jeremy that I think it's a little warm. I really like it, I wear it well or should I say it wears me well. We weather each other quite well. I like the lush, thick texture that just stays nicely there somewhere in my middle palate somewhere, effortless, silkily, enticingly, just there to fill and please and comfort me. It's got a great comforting/ warm taste. Just the right balance of warmth and bright toasty berry cherry flavors that wrap themselves nicely with draped softer tannins and lilting, slowly moving waves of red Shiraz flavors on the calm of my stomach and palate: much like it was last week wave running with my daughter driving ( me the passenger ) on the sound of the Outer Banks, North Carolina. It was marvelous, much like the feeling I have of peace and comfort here as I type away like a happy madman here in the office. I recommend highly this Snake Charmer. It has charmed me as you see. I like that. I surrender happily with a smile, too. It sells for $23.99 and is worth every penny if not more! Next week we will receive the " Red Right Hand " red blend of Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Tempranillo from Vinaceous, also at $23.99 a bottle. There will also be two others arriving later : four wines made under the VINACEOUS name. STAY-TUNED!

     In case you don't know Nick is the one with the flag draped over him! He's also the one with the black shades.

     Jeremy is also tasting the delicious KILDA South Australia almost-completely-unoaked Chardonnay at $7.99 a bottle.

     Here are some pictures from the tasting with Nick Stacey and Jeremy Overman last April 26th ( Saturday ) here in our store where Nick was nicknamed " Captain Australia ". I think Jeremy liked the idea, too and decided to done the Aussie flag as well. Nancy, our customer here then was quite amused as you can see by her expression. Pictures of today's tasting will follow shortly. The afternoon is young yet, it's only 3:42 PM now, still quiet here in the store, but we're ready. Enjoy, cheers,   TONY

No comments: