Monday, April 14, 2014

It's Often All About The Diligence Of A Good Manager/Sales Rep Like Mike From Washington Wholesalers 5 Or So Years Ago Sampling Me On The Bodegas TAMARI Torrontes White, SANFORD CA. Chardonnay, COVEY RUN Merlot & Riesling & HANNA CA. Sauvignon Blanc Wines To Get A Sale Of Any Of The 7 Bottles In His Wine Bag ... Thanks For Giving It Your Best Shot Mike !






I will often taste with someone because I like the way they sell and the way they approach me / us / the store here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. I like it when I have a feeling that they have bothered to get to know us and the way we operate the store, and that they are trying to work with us and find wines that might work for us.





This is the case here with Mike, one of the division wine managers of Washington Wholesalers, when they were doing the job right for us. It's been three or more years since I felt this connection. We do have Scott now that is our local rep, as well as Roberta, and both of them are doing their best to service our account, and I give them credit for that. That, to me counts for 60% of the sale, if not more. There are plenty of fine wines out there to choose from. When I feel the wine rep or the company that they work for ' has our back ' , then I feel much more inclined to pass them what business that I can.





We bought some of the COVEY RUN wines, the Riesling and the dry red Merlot, and have used them on-and-off over the years, especially earlier on when we tasted and were more familiar with them. Need to taste them again as we have the HOGUE wines now, have for years.

We also sold the TAMARI wines, both, the dry red and the dry white Torrontes as well. Both offered real value to our customers.






Being an artist I like to take these artsy photos that I believe help to paint a picture with many photographs that speak volumes and many words.



I enjoyed this tasting, I enjoyed tasting the 2005 Chianti Classico, the SANFORD dry Chardonnay pictured above, as well as the dry HANNA Sauvignon Blanc. We bought some of those, too as I recall? It's been awhile now since I have seen the SANFORD so it may be time to pull another bottle to sample us on?



We did sell the HANNA Merlot and more of the HANNA line of fine California wines years ago, back around 2000-2003 when it was represented by a small importer, Roger Turner. He worked the line then really well and we used it the most when he was behind it.

I like to give credit where credit is deserved. I also like to point out with my blogs that there is a ' history ' to all of these wines , and I like to share whatever I know of it when I can. Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  4/14/2014

Years ago Mike called to tell me that he had gotten another job offer up north and I was sorry to lose him. He's a good man, young and enthusiastic, attentive and a hard worker and he ' got ' us, thanks for that Mike and good luck to you now. Hope you see this. Cheers,  TONY

No comments: